NC: GReddy Racing Ti-C and header...too loud!!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
bill_viper

NC: GReddy Racing Ti-C and header...too loud!!

Post by bill_viper »

Hello fellas,

I've fitted the GReddy Racing Ti-C muffler (MX5 NC) and tested it with the Racing Beat header and stock midpipe. The sound was extremely loud!! I had to shout to make a conversation with the other person!

1) So my question is, if i'll fit the PPE header which comes with the catalyst and the Racing Beat midpipe with presilencer http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... -0069.html the sound level would be acceptable?

2) Also, my thought is because the PPE header don't have the same power gains as the GW/RB header, to balance it with a midpipe with a presilencer and without catalyst.

Thanks,
Bill
MX5 NC 1.8 Mid True Red
Brian
Site Admin

Re: NC: GReddy Racing Ti-C and header...too loud!!

Post by Brian »

Sounds like the most easy choice is just sell the Greddy exhaust and add RoadsterSport Q muffler

But, indeed the PPE header would lower sound level and make most of the gains that you get with full open header (giving up just a little at top of RPMS).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
bill_viper

Post by bill_viper »

Brian wrote:Sounds like the most easy choice is just sell the Greddy exhaust and add RoadsterSport Q muffler

But, indeed the PPE header would lower sound level and make most of the gains that you get with full open header (giving up just a little at top of RPMS).
Thanks Brian for your fast reply.

I love the JDM look of the GReddy so i will definitely keep it. :)

I've seen in your site the PPE header and the Beat Racing midpipe with the presilencer.

My thought of adding the Racing Beat midpipe with the presilencer after PPE's catalyst is right? Because the stock midpipe has a catalyst too, and the PPE comes with a 200 cells catalyst.

So, the combo PPE header and RB midpipe with silencer is sound level acceptable?
MX5 NC 1.8 Mid True Red
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sound level preference is very subjective. What is too loud for somebody else, may be just right for you.

The Racing Beat midpipe will be louder than stock. Stock midpipe has effectively two resonators (because stock converter in the midpipe is also a good resonator). Thus, adding Racing Beat midpipe with just resonator is still taking out one resonator from the system. Therefore, adding PPE header with Racing Beat midpipe to your car is not changing number of resonators/converters and is not likely to lower the sound level much from what you have now. All you are essentially doing with this plan is moving one converter from midpipe to header.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
bill_viper

Post by bill_viper »

Thanks Brian. :)
MX5 NC 1.8 Mid True Red
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

How much HP does the Greddy exhaust make?
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

Does anyone know of any real HP gain with the greddy exhaust?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sorry, never seen a dyno of the Greddy. It's a pretty rare sale, might be a dozen or two in the country. That doesn't make for much opportunity to get them on the dyno.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

I have GWR mid pipe and greddy exhaust without the silencer installed for about two months and like the gain and sound.Two days ago i finally got time to install the GWR header.The sound has increased as expected but is a little too much at around 3-4k rpm.Does putting in the silencer the greddy exhaust came with restrict flow and power in any way or is it just sound?
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

Also found this while researching.Do you guys think the same would apply for the NC?

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp_09 ... ower_loss/