NB Wheels: looking for guidance

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Areddi

NB Wheels: looking for guidance

Post by Areddi »

I have been pinging the guys on my local forum and I thought I would jump over here to ask a question and get an opinion:

I have an 01' LS with the sport suspension, and I want to get some new wheels. Love the factory ones but mine are just old and worn, and also would like to consider going lighter. Guys on the forum recommended going with a set of 15's instead of the stock 16's, but I think these just look too small on the NB. Also I heard that the factory sport suspension requires atleast a 16'' to clear the brakes?

I am looking for suggestion on what wheels to get. 15's are not out of the question, but a little bigger is preferred. Going lighter is also a good thing. I was looking at the weight chart on m.net and the stock wheels for the 01' are 15.5 lbs. Any thoughts are appreciated, and if anyone knows about the sizes for clearing the brakes, I would appreciate it.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: NB Wheels: looking for guidance

Post by Brian »

Most 15 inch do fit your brakes and you will see that explained with particular examples in our catalog as 'fits factory Sport brakes' etc. Certainly much easier to stay lighter with 15 inch but we do have 16 inch choices too.

Many will also go to 15 in order to increase performance with a wider choice without adding weight. Below is a MazdaSpeed Miata that came with 17 inch but shown here with 15x8:

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Areddi

Re: NB Wheels: looking for guidance

Post by Areddi »

I think the 16x7 RPF1's are gonna be the ones. They have multiple stamps of approval from my research, and I love the look!