Super20 SEMA MX5 Flares

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
skeeler

Re: Super20 SEMA MX5 Flares

Post by skeeler »

finiata wrote:So these don't fit the 06-08? When mounted whats the distance from outside of the flare to outside of the fender?
The 06-08 has the same sheetmetal as the 09+, so if they fit one, they'll fit the other.
2009, STR & DD. 1995, HPDE. 2004 MSM, sold. 2010 Mazda3, hers.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Indeed they should, just had not yet had opportunity to try them on 06-08 to double check if there are any issues we did not anticipate.

By the way, we are on way back from SEMA and Mazda repainted the car for this year's show.
Attachments
Mazda Super20 in Orange.jpg
Mazda Super20 in Orange.jpg (111.9 KiB) Viewed 16111 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

More pics...
Attachments
04-mazda-mx-5-super-20.jpg
04-mazda-mx-5-super-20.jpg (142.76 KiB) Viewed 16074 times
Orange SEMA Super20 Mazda.jpg
Orange SEMA Super20 Mazda.jpg (89.23 KiB) Viewed 16110 times
Mazda Orange Super20.jpg
Mazda Orange Super20.jpg (133.36 KiB) Viewed 16110 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
hlin

Post by hlin »

Hey guys,

I just received these flares and took some photos for those who are wondering what they look like from underneath. No photos on the car yet sorry, will try to post those soon.

It looks like there is a significant amount of lip on the flares and they may need to be trimmed down to be used with wide wheels/tires. They seem to fit very well from my initial test on the car though, which I guess should be expected since it's Mazda's own design.

Thanks Brian!

https://plus.google.com/photos/11627959 ... ldjirdadAQ
ronbauer

Post by ronbauer »

Okay, so if I'm understanding correctly, the double sided tape is where the flares "attach" to the outside of the car/fenders, meaning there is theoretically a lot that could be done to flare and/or cut the factory fenders?

I'm anxious to see how much farther these stick out than stock.

Ron
lobsternet1

Post by lobsternet1 »

I'd like to know more about the grill w/fog lights...

I really like that
hlin

Post by hlin »

Hey Ron,

You are right regarding the double sided tape. I think some trimming would definitely need to be done to make the most of the additional width, as you can see the lip is quite large out of the box. I'll try to post pictures of it mocked up on the car tomorrow so you guys can see how far in the lip goes relative to the stock fenders :)

Henry
halfpint

Post by halfpint »

Thanks for taking the time to take/share photos. Just so I'm clear, the lip on the flare would slide up against the stock fender lip? Looking forward to seeing your additional photos showing the flare lip vs. stock fender lip.
finiata

Post by finiata »

After looking at these it looks like it will require trimming most of the lip off these to gain anything. Also looks like it would require cutting the stock fender out to gain room. Really need to see the underneath pics.
ronbauer

Post by ronbauer »

I too was assuming that to be the case, but if it goes out far enough, then for my purposes it's very worthwhile. My main goal is to not kill the looks of my beautiful paint job.

Ron