First Post, long time reader...sooo heres my project...

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
rawmiata3nvy

First Post, long time reader...sooo heres my project...

Post by rawmiata3nvy »

Hey Brian, so Ive been reading your site for quite a while, found me a good deal on a roller miata for my project toy...heres what Ive planned and budgeted for so far...

I have a 92 Miata no motor, trans it has KYB AGX adjustable shocks, stock springs, Torsen diff out of a 97 miata, and is kinda rough, but im not making it a show car...its gonna be my toy/ drifter/ autox car...appearance is not as much as a big deal...so heres what I have planned.

GoodWin version 3, 4 wheel big brake kit
Prothane bushings already purchased from you
FP01 15x8 with Nitto tires 25mm offset
Hard Dog M2 roll cage I was going to do a full cage but not sure if I really need it...
stock hard top
Racing Beat Springs 375/ 250 lb rate
Larger Sway bars
Butterfly brace to stiffen frame

For the power plant here is what I have blue printed

1.8 block bored .020
Eagle H-beam rods
Weisco 8.5:1 Forged Boost pistons
Clevit 77 bearings
ARP Main, Head and Rod Studs
Rebuilt head with 3 angle valve job and port and polish already at machine shop
Fully Balance rotating assembly

ACT Happymeal clutch kit stage 2
stock 1.8 5 speed
Stock Torsen Diff
Stock Driveshaft
Stock Axles
by stock I mean out of a NB not the factory NA parts

I plan on running a Garrett GT30, with a larger than normal #3 Intercooler, I will be running a MegaSquirt Standalone as well as set up for water or methanol injection, and plan on running around 20-25lbs of boost...im not lookin for a daily and i do not mind doing my own work...been a shadetree mech for my whole life so I know how to fab and weld...Ive built several motors from the ground up so Im familiar with that area as well...

Heres my plan and I know I wanted to run it by one of the best in the Miata building industry on your opinions. I would like to build about 300-350 rwhp, something that will keep the local Street racers wondering what just smoked em ;)...anything overkill...overlooked...etc..any help you got Brian would be greatly appreciated...Ill be sharing pics in the future of the build process and what not..look forward to hearing you guys input!
Brian
Site Admin

Re: First Post, long time reader...sooo heres my project...

Post by Brian »

Looks like a fun and fast project! Others may have more to add but the only thing I see on the first read is that I think by "375/ 250 lb rate" coilover conversion you meant our Ground Control conversion for KONI SPORT shocks. Note that if you lower the Miata enough with that Ground Control kit then you may want to upgrade only the front sway (the more we lower a NA/NB Miata, the more oversteer we add and upgraded rear sway may then be too much).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
rawmiata3nvy

Post by rawmiata3nvy »

Right on Brian, I like the ground control set up but im not very familiar with the way that they work/ hold up...also currently i have kyb agx shocks with the fm hats on the rear shocks...how much difference can i expect from the ground control kit? Also as far as lowering the ride goes how low can i got with 15x8 wheels and not rub?? Im familiar with center hub to fender well measurements ;)
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

You will want to roll the fender lips, even if just using 205/50/15 size on those 15x8. You don't need the Ground Control kit for street fun, I thought you had it on your list from the "375/250" spring rate reference (Racing Beat springs are MUCH softer than that).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
rawmiata3nvy

Post by rawmiata3nvy »

Well my main objective is performance mainly leanIng towards drifting followed by street play and then autox...honestly im lookin just to play if i gotta rebuild n play around im game and have the funds..truth is my boss has a 2011 911 turbo pdk and im lookin to have a lil fun with him :D im definitely looking forward to workin with you and your staff, i want to stress this id my toy...so iits not a huge rush on building it, any advice yo wanna give up is cool with me haha