Brembo vs Wilwood?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Dubcity

Brembo vs Wilwood?

Post by Dubcity »

Thinking about upgrading the front brakes on my NC in the near future.So was wondering what you guys think about brembos vs wilwood setup.Are the brembos better or about the same?The wilwoods are much cheaper or does the old saying apply here,"you get what you pay for"?Thanks guys.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Brembo vs Wilwood?

Post by Brian »

I think you mean the Brembo vs the Racing Brake setup. The Brembo almost never sells because the cost for a kit using HEAVY one-piece rotors is pretty high. From a performance perspective, adding heavier rotors is never a good idea. Thus, all our toys use our Racing Brake kits with two-piece rotors for significantly less unsprung weight.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

Good to know.
Any one else.
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

Does anyone know if the Mazdaspeed Brembo kit will clear the oem FD3S 16" wheels on the NC?
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

Also,would the MS Brembo kit for the NC fit the RX8?Is the kit lighter than the stock NC setup?

Thanks guys..
indelicat

Post by indelicat »

Dubcity wrote:Does anyone know if the Mazdaspeed Brembo kit will clear the oem FD3S 16" wheels on the NC?
Good question..
Does anyone know if any bbk will fit fd3s 16x8 wheels? Maybe something for rx8 with stock size discs?
George

Post by George »

Dubcity wrote:Does anyone know if the Mazdaspeed Brembo kit will clear the oem FD3S 16" wheels on the NC?

Nope, Mazda recommends the use of 18" wheels IIRC.
2006 NC, Copper Red
2.3L, BEGi Turbo, Enthuza 3".
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

What about 17's with probably the correct offsets?
MX-5 Track Dog

Post by MX-5 Track Dog »

FYI... I'm trying RX8 calipers as a cheap brake upgrade.
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

Already purchased the brembo kit but haven't installed it as yet.I do a little auto crossing and the car performs much better with 16's than 17's.So trying to weigh my options.