HELP!! Drivability problems???

Mazda 2, Mazda 3 and 6 Parts and Performance from Intakes to Headers, Exhaust, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits... it's all there.
nitro

HELP!! Drivability problems???

Post by nitro »

Ok Mazda 3 brothern!

I am in a serious "Cluster F#$%" and maybe theirs a "Guru" among the forums?? I have the 2.3L 05' S trim mazda, and its got 90K on it and multiple mods, I have the Weapon R Intake manifold, K&N short ram air, OBX 4n1 header, into the stock CATs, with the 2 O2's still operational, they go into a HKS Catback system... With all that in mind, the car has been running well for over 2 years, with the eception of the "lean bank 1" CEL, and the "Intake runner stuck" CEL, otherwise the car was kickin out 245HP, and running good..But now the engine will not go over 3Krpm, at 3 K it or above it starts fumbling , knocking, and stalls out, but if you let up on the throttle quick, it will recover.. and as long as you shift @ 2800 R's you can kinda drive it short distantses, less then 4 miles or so after that it just totally f's up pretty much at all R's... So being I've not encountered anything quite like this I'm asking... no I'm begging for someone with Modified MZR experience and maybe the capability of "writing" to my ECU??? for help, suggestions, anything you think it is?? Oh yeah at the begining of this I replaced the MAF, and "that aint it"...So please HELP..Oh yeah I will pay you for your services if there are any off duty mechanics?????
Kindest Regards,
Kenny "Nitro" G.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: HELP!! Drivability problems???

Post by Brian »

Hard to say without seeing the car but I suspect first the intake is open. Which mod was MOST recent?
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
nitro

Post by nitro »

Thanks for answering Brian, the most recent mod, was the OBX Header, and that was last year.. I am really brfuddled as to why it just started screwing up...?? It makes me think that its something to do with the TPPS (throttle pedal position sensor),, I am at a loss, and have no "go to" guy in my area.. It would be nice if you knew someone in my area to help me out..
Thanks, Kenny G.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Usually the stock parts are the last thing to check, start with going through the aftermarket parts and installs. If the header was most recent then start with the header install....and in particular what is going on with the O2 sensors and is an O2 wire or connection plug getting melted and shorting against that header install?
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
nitro

Post by nitro »

Thanks for the advice Brian, I'll start there, and the O2's are functional and the wires are doing fine, I have them behind a heat sheild wrapped around the header... will let you know what I find out on the mods..
KG
robinhayman

Post by robinhayman »

Before you do anything buy a good code reader, check your codes, record your freeze frame data, save it and also your I/M sensor tests. Keep these for future needs. After documenting your data erase your codes reset your your puter by disconnecting the battery cables. After driving and letting the puter re learn, then check for codes again and make your maintenance. You will always have the data to re check if you have furthur problems with the truck. Reason to buy the quality reader is for your information and to save you a lot of migrane Threshold level adjustments later. Also rent the lisle tool for the tune up phase of the project.