NC autocross setup/rules

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
elloco54

Re: NC autocross setup/rules

Post by elloco54 »

With the Koni shocks wouldn't you have the same problem adjusting the rears as with the Tokico HTS
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The Tokico has optional rear adjustment cables that make the adjustment MUCH easier.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
elloco54

Post by elloco54 »

I understand the option with the hts shocks but my question was if with Koni's you have the same adjustment issue on the rear as it appears the adjustment knob is on top same as the tokico shocks
elloco54

Post by elloco54 »

One other thing is the dampening on the sport package bilstein shocks the same as the aftermarket version, I'm getting ready to order my suspension upgrades and weighing my options
mitchman

Post by mitchman »

The person I bought my car from (Stan Whitney.....fantastic at prepping autocross cars....I'm lucky), he drilled a small hole through the rear shock adjuster knobs and ran a small allen wrench through the holes. Just a simple piece of tape holds them in place. It makes it REAL easy to reach in there and adjust the rear shocks. I used to have an NC with Koni sports and their little wrench was a poor solution in my opinion. I think you could drill a hole in the Koni adjuster and do the same trick.

Point being, don't limit your shock choices on how easy the rears are to adjust. This trick will make them all easy to adjust.
'06 MX-5 (STR)
Traum

Post by Traum »

elloco54 wrote:One other thing is the dampening on the sport package bilstein shocks the same as the aftermarket version, I'm getting ready to order my suspension upgrades and weighing my options
Not sure if you have placed your orders yet, bthe sport package Bilsteins are definitely not the same as the aftermarket versions (HD and SP).

-Lik
What God has united, let men not divide.
elloco54

Post by elloco54 »

Yeah I found the specs on the shocks, so I went with bilstien sport shocks with H&R springs and hotchkis sways. Might not be the ultimate setup but I think it will do for my purposes. Next up will be a 235/40-17 on 17x9 wheel package then it is on to some serious motor work. (heard a rumor there is a new better NC supercharger in the works)