After market steering wheel horn help!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
nc4me

After market steering wheel horn help!

Post by nc4me »

How hard or what exactly is involved with wiring the horn to an after market steering wheel? I can do without an airbag, but I want to retain the horn. I ordered a works bell unit in February and it's on backorder still. I'm considering ordering from sparco since they have them in stock, but it is not plug and play. If it only takes cutting a wire or two then I'd rather cancel the works bell unit and get the sparco. Please help, this has been a grueling two months.
2008 Galaxy Grey Miata Sport 5 speed: TDR2 Turbo Kit, Goodwin Racing Q exhaust, H&R front and rear sway bars, Tein Flex coilovers, Stock LSD added, and 17X9 Enkei RPF1's with 245/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs
George

Re: After market steering wheel horn help!

Post by George »

Won't be a problem. I have a Sparco wheel and the horn works just fine.
2006 NC, Copper Red
2.3L, BEGi Turbo, Enthuza 3".
nc4me

Post by nc4me »

It's not about the wheel. It's about the Sparco hub adapter not being plug n play like the works bell hub adapter. I heard the works bell is working it's way through customs though, so I guess I'll just wait it out. It's already been 2 months, what's another couple of weeks.
2008 Galaxy Grey Miata Sport 5 speed: TDR2 Turbo Kit, Goodwin Racing Q exhaust, H&R front and rear sway bars, Tein Flex coilovers, Stock LSD added, and 17X9 Enkei RPF1's with 245/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs
mauro.luca

Post by mauro.luca »

George wrote:Won't be a problem. I have a Sparco wheel and the horn works just fine.
Hello George,
please can you explain how you managed to operate the horn with the hub Sparco?
When installing you have to remove the slip ring-airbag squib spring?
thanks.
:D
nc4me

Post by nc4me »

mauro.luca wrote:
George wrote:Won't be a problem. I have a Sparco wheel and the horn works just fine.
Hello George,
please can you explain how you managed to operate the horn with the hub Sparco?
When installing you have to remove the slip ring-airbag squib spring?
thanks.
:D
You cannot use the horn if you are using a sparco hub adapter.