Which shocks with Progress springs

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
velocity red 06

Which shocks with Progress springs

Post by velocity red 06 »

Brian, I have a 2006 MX-5 GT and I am going to replace my OEM springs with Progress springs. I am not interested in adjustable shocks, so, which shocks, Bilstein Sport or Tokico Blue series would you recommend for the Progress springs? I don't autocross or race; I enjoy spirited mountain driving and my Miata is my daily driver. Thank you, Richard
2006 MX-5 LE, velocity red, RSII exhaust
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Which shocks with Progress springs

Post by Brian »

Hi Richard

The most popular combo has been the KONI SPORT....but that comes with an extra half inch of lowering and not everybody wants that much lowering. If you don't want more lowering than the springs provide, then the Tokico adjustable shocks is the popular choice.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
velocity red 06

Brian, thanks for replying, however I am not looking for adjustable shocks, so which non-adjustable shocks would be best with the Progress springs? thanks, Richard
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Both the Bilstein and Tokico nonadjustable are very good.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
velocity red 06

Alignment specs for Progress springs/Tokico HD

Brian, Since my last post I have purchased, from you, and had installed Progress springs and Tokico HD(Blue series) shocks. I had an alignment done at that time but I feel I might need a new alignment and I can't find the specs you gave me for my last alignment. Could you please post the specs: 2006 MX-5 GT. I love the new suspension, great ,flat cornering. Thanks, Richard