The Next Gen Miata.....and Alfa Roadsters

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

The Next Gen Miata.....and Alfa Roadsters

Post by Brian »

News from MAZDA

I had a long history with Italian cars so I welcome the news that the next gen platform will be shared with Alfa. I expect we will buy an ND when available....but perhaps also the Alfa version when it comes available.
Attachments
Alfa.JPG
Alfa.JPG (35.38 KiB) Viewed 3242 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jboemler

Re: The Next Gen Miata.....and Alfa Roadsters

Post by jboemler »

Do you figure an ND will come out at all, prior to the Alfa version?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, news from friendly dealers is that Mazda is assuring them that ND is still a 2014 (that we will get late in 2013).

I expect all the hard work on ND has been done for a while and the news really boils down to Mazda having a new customer for the new ND platform....to spread and share the costs. It might be two more years after ND is on the market before the Alfa version comes along....but it doesn't hold up ND.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
roadster_nh

Post by roadster_nh »

I miss my '74 Spider, even it's quirky SPICA fuel injection -- which was actually quite a piece of engineering when adjusted well.
2003 LS FFS
eluviis

Post by eluviis »

I was quite excited to read the news as well. I was reading one of the major car magazines a few months ago and one of the writers mentioned that what Alpha needs to re-enter the USA market is a proper new Spider. Really want to see what they come up with - and the fact that Mazda is involved... Even better.
My car: The 1995 RallyWays Miata