Interest in Big Bore Throttle Body for 1.8 Engine Miata?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Areddi

Re: Interest in Big Bore Throttle Body for 1.8 Engine Miata?

Post by Areddi »

Fantastic, I have been anxiously waiting to hear news on these. The write-up was very helpful to get an understanding of how all of the sizes compare on the different manifolds and airflow.

I currently have a K&N Typhoon on the front end, and a RS Mid-pipe/RS III axle-back on the rear, still the stock header on my 01'. I would love to get your opinion on if these mods will make effective use of the "un-corking."

Also, any ideas on cost(similiar to their other Pro-Series I would assume) and pre-orders?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, I expect similar cost to other ProSeries units, just a few hundred.

As for speculation on results with any particular combo of intake and exhaust, I really don't know....
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Chris Thompson

Post by Chris Thompson »

That is a beautiful piece of work.
'99 Base Sport with bolt-on hardtop and '08 PRHT GT. I love them both. SCCA, PCA, BMW San Diego region #105
BrianM033

Post by BrianM033 »

This TB looks very promising!
JimT039

Post by JimT039 »

big bore throttle body available....???

contact JT at 405-605-9853 or online...thanks...

JT
JimT039

Post by JimT039 »

What suggestions would the "experienced" group online here have for someone just starting the "upgrade of power and overall upgrade of performance" of their 01 miata?

e.g.
drivetrain
suspension
engine
what roll bars would you consider the best....
please keep in mind a solid upgrade is my interest. I prefer quality and stability over cost less....

I am old school that you get what you pay for.....I am interested in the best wheel size and manufacturer relating to performance and reliability....thanks for your time....
JT
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

JimT039 wrote:What suggestions would the "experienced" group online here have for someone just starting the "upgrade of power and overall upgrade of performance" of their 01 miata?

e.g.
drivetrain
suspension
engine
what roll bars would you consider the best....
please keep in mind a solid upgrade is my interest. I prefer quality and stability over cost less....

I am old school that you get what you pay for.....I am interested in the best wheel size and manufacturer relating to performance and reliability....thanks for your time....
JT
This question is really a NEW thread, does not belong in this thread about big bore throttle body (which does not make the list of 'starting' upgrades). So, you may not get much response because folks won't find it and won't want to clutter up a thread with stuff obviously not relevant to the thread. Start a new thread with this question with title like "Starting Mods for 2001 Miata?" and you will get a MUCH better response (and then I can delete this post).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com