Allow me to introduce myself...

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
DustinK024

Allow me to introduce myself...

Post by DustinK024 »

my name is Dustin,

I have been in the composite industry for 5 years now, working 4 of those years at an aerospace company. I am finally taking steps to produce my own composite parts. Starting with the 06+ MX-5 hood. Hopefully I'll have molds built by the end of august, parts some where in september. These will be low weight/high strength lift off hoods for track cars and later a two piece street version.
The first sets will not be vacuum bagged, as of I do not own the equipment yet to do so. Pricing and weight are to be determined. However since the first sets will not be bagged, they will be cheaper than the final product. Also since resin is going to be figured out on the first sets, I'd say plus or minus less than a pound between the first sets. Again the final product being bagged will have further reduce weight and increase strength, with only weather and seasons making a slight difference in final weight.

Ultimate goal is to operate my own company building low VOC high strength aerospace quality race parts.

Hopefully this is the right place for this thread.

If you have any questions, ideas or input it is greatly welcome.
You can also reach me at dakaviani@gmail.com for more personal questions.

thanks
DK
DustinK024

Re: Allow me to introduce myself...

Post by DustinK024 »

Update- I got the hood this week however it was damaged durring shipping and have to send it back.
On a better note I got my RS Race Single back from the coater. Then on sat the mx5 goes on a dyno, will post results when I get them.

Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Hmm, coated. Never thought of doing that on the muffler but looks good. I don't expect much result from the straight through, it saves weight nicely but without a header change upstream it doesn't change much at the tail (the Q and Street Single do the best dyno results on an otherwise stock NC).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
DustinK024

Post by DustinK024 »

I dynoed the car completley stock, on a dynotech with recent oil, trans, clutch, rear-end, radiator fluid changes. This is what I ended up with. The race single is installed now but I'll purchase the header and mid-pipe in a month or so.