DBA rotors inquiry for in progress BBK.

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Beck

DBA rotors inquiry for in progress BBK.

Post by Beck »

Hello Brian and other board members,

Just now I noticed that the Version 4 is updated with DBA's T3 slotted 5000's.. I've been eying those for a while now and couldn't find them listed for Miatas on DBA's online catalogue ever since the new website was up. This is great that you guys are continuing carrying them, they are great products imo!

So here's my story: Since I've sold my old setup (and running on stock NB 1.8's now :( ), I've been trying to kinna put together my own BBK. So, I'm hoping Brian or mebbe someone who knows DBA line-up could shine a light into my project. Basically, I'm trying to find some ~290mm to 295mm dia. by 25.4mm friction rings to suit a set of AP Racing CP8350's..

I'm quite keen on T3 DBA 5000's, and am wondering if they have such friction ring size available and is there a suitable bell assembly that yields the ideal offset for Miata application. (ie, sit far back enough to give good clearance for wheels but not too far that rotors will hit the tie rod/knuckle?)

Better yet, is it possible to use the same bell the Version 4 kit has and adopt a ~290-295 x 25.4mm ring?

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated!

Ken
Brian
Site Admin

Re: DBA rotors inquiry for in progress BBK.

Post by Brian »

Sorry, everything in our kit is custom spec....which DBA will do for you if you want to buy hundreds of them in one order. Thus, they don't have hats for this application sitting around that they can match up with a selection of friction rings.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Beck

Re: DBA rotors inquiry for in progress BBK.

Post by Beck »

hmmm, I guess I will have to get the bells custom made for my application.

Anyone that you would recommend to contact @ DBA? I'll prolly get the friction rings first and see how it's gonna measure up with the caliper template and such.

Thanks for your reply Brian!

Ken