IL or Beatrush

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
RDWhitney

IL or Beatrush

Post by RDWhitney »

Is the Beatrush worth the extra $, and is there any discount if you buy 3 or more pieces?
Show me a man with both feet on the ground, and I'll show you a man that can't get his pants on.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: IL or Beatrush

Post by Brian »

RDWhitney wrote:Is the Beatrush worth the extra $, and is there any discount if you buy 3 or more pieces?

The Beatrush bits are finished off much nicer, fit better, and are stiffer. Whether it makes them worth the extra cost is difficult to quantify. I have some customers who want the best and they get the Beatrush braces. Other customers more interested in bang for the buck get the IL versions.

The Beatrush bits are already on their clearance price sale, no additional help for getting three on those. We do have a combo deal on the website for the IL braces..
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
nc4me

Post by nc4me »

I know you covered this before Brian, but I can't seem to find it.

In order of performance benefit, which beatrush braces give the most results?

I remember the ppf brace was number one if I'm not mistaken, but I can't remember the rest.

Can you list all four please? The ppf, rear performance brace, front performance brace, and frame rail reinforcement.

Thanks in advance! Sorry to bother.
2008 Galaxy Grey Miata Sport 5 speed: TDR2 Turbo Kit, Goodwin Racing Q exhaust, H&R front and rear sway bars, Tein Flex coilovers, Stock LSD added, and 17X9 Enkei RPF1's with 245/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The PPF Performance bar helps put the power down more effectively, we usually do it only on cars racing or those with significantly more power (supercharged and turbocharged). The brace that you notice the most in terms of chassis stiffening is the big Rear Performance Bar, it really ties the entire back end together. The Frame Rail Reinforcement Bar and Front Performance bars are just better and lighter versions of factory braces already on the car (nice to cut some weight and improve effectiveness but you won't feel much change in stiffness since they are replacements for braces already on the car).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
nc4me

Post by nc4me »

Thanks
2008 Galaxy Grey Miata Sport 5 speed: TDR2 Turbo Kit, Goodwin Racing Q exhaust, H&R front and rear sway bars, Tein Flex coilovers, Stock LSD added, and 17X9 Enkei RPF1's with 245/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs
NobleK

Post by NobleK »

Which ones did you add/replace on the 2012 PRHT project? What was your goal?

Thanks
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

So far, on our 2012 Project did just the replacement of the two factory braces up toward the front with the goal of dropping a few pounds while improving effectiveness. Used the IL versions.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
NobleK

Post by NobleK »

I really enjoy suspension mods. There is a very dramatic sense of race car handling and confidence in corners. Do you plan on adding the big power brace to the PRHT project. Further, I am thinking about adding the package of all 5 IL braces to my car. I am not going to SC but I will be doing the full exhaust and tune. Your thoughts would be appreciated. Are there any downsides?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

We will likely do the big rear brace on the project 2012. We already added a shock tower brace (our Cobalt brace). The downside is a few more pounds on the car, but the upside is further reduction of flex in the entire rear of the car (less NVH and a nice tighter feel).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
NobleK

Post by NobleK »

Braces 1.jpg
Braces 1.jpg (142.75 KiB) Viewed 8908 times
Just had 3 ILM braces installed. 30 minutes at Rocky's.

1. I.L. Motorsports Front Power Train Brace
2. I.L. Motorsport MX5 X-Brace
3. I.L. Motorsports Rear lower Performance Bar

Apparently ILM has improved the placement of the attachment holes and everything fit perfectly.