Back in Winning Blue. Our 'new' Project Blue!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
TOPSECRET

Re: Back in Winning Blue. Our 'new' Project Blue!

Post by TOPSECRET »

I would also like seeing a tip on it.
TOPSECRET

Post by TOPSECRET »

I'm very interested to see these boost plans as well. The anticipation is building.
ez2bdave

Post by ez2bdave »

I'm also interested in hearing about your boost decision.

On the first page there's a picture of a Skunk2 racing sign. Is it possible you're working with Skunk2's sister company Kraftwerks?

I just bought a 2006 with an HTS Suspension, Eibach Sways and a full RoadsterSport exhaust. Boost will be my first choice. I was originally thinking about the BELL Turbo kit with Moto-East tuning but I'm interested to know if there is something new out there.

Is there anything you can share with us?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Welcome! Yes, a few projects in the works. Can't get too far into detail but hope to have some new stuff by Spring.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Chuck H

Re: Back in Winning Blue!

Post by Chuck H »

Brian wrote:Follow up question for the readers here, do you want our new rolled tip on "Street Single" that we are using on the new version of the RoadsterSport Q? To max the lightness the Street single has never had a tip, just straight pipe. With the extra internal baffles and rolled tip we might end up at 13 or 14 pounds. The argument against the rolled tip is that racing customers regularly use a slip on turn-down on the end of these to point noise away from sound meters at tracks like Laguna Seca.

I know I'm a little late to the party, but here's another vote for a somewhat quieter Street Single with a rolled tip.

I'm 6-12 months out, but exhaust plan is either RS Max Power header and midpipe or PPE LT header/midpipe and then either Street Single or Q muffler, depending which one won't get me loud exhaust tickets every time I drive through town. :wink:
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Gone through a bunch of additional prototype changes on the Street Single and learned that no matter what small adjustments we make to the Street Single.... it will remain massively louder than the Q because the street single is so much smaller. Without making the Street Single as BIG as the Q it appears we are just making little adjustments in tone and minor adjustments in sound level. Thus, we are increasing density of the packing and adding the new rolled tip. New weight result 12 pounds instead of the old 10 pounds.

Somebody may ask: "why not make a single as big as the Q?" Since the Q is a side entrance design it would be relatively easy to drop one of the tips and make a big single in the same jig as the Q. It would then be even quieter than Q yet a little lighter. I am not sure how much demand we would have for something like that? The good is that we could make a mellow single. The downside is that I suspect many would not see the point in a 20+ pound single?
Attachments
New RoadsterSport Rolled Tip on Street Single.JPG
New RoadsterSport Rolled Tip on Street Single.JPG (115.64 KiB) Viewed 16229 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Chris Thompson

Post by Chris Thompson »

Brian wrote:Since the Q is a side entrance design it would be relatively easy to drop one of the tips and make a big single in the same jig as the Q. It would then be even quieter than Q yet a little lighter. I am not sure how much demand we would have for something like that? The good is that we could make a mellow single. The downside is that I suspect many would not see the point in a 20+ pound single?
I already have a Q (no baffles) with my PPE LTH. Great improvement in power across the range but it's a bit louder than I like. I could add baffles but that likely would cost power (unacceptable :mrgreen: ). Perhaps a bodacious single would be the right combination of sound and flow for me?
'99 Base Sport with bolt-on hardtop and '08 PRHT GT. I love them both. SCCA, PCA, BMW San Diego region #105
Chris Thompson

Post by Chris Thompson »

Chris Thompson wrote:I already have a Q (no baffles) with my PPE LTH. Great improvement in power across the range but it's a bit louder than I like. I could add baffles but that likely would cost power (unacceptable :mrgreen: ).
Well, I have the glass packed baffles installed in my Q now. I am very happy with how much quieter it is for street. Butt-dyno says a slight sacrifice of power but it is acceptable for daily driving on the street. Perhaps it just sounds slower. Come race day the baffles will stay home.

My next-door neighbors will be glad...every morning at 6am when I start my car to got to work.
'99 Base Sport with bolt-on hardtop and '08 PRHT GT. I love them both. SCCA, PCA, BMW San Diego region #105
RobertS272

Post by RobertS272 »

I have just bought a ''Winning Blue'' NC 05/06 ,and puchased the'' Q''Muffler from you. There will be a slight delay ,as I'm in Australia.
Thought that I would start at the back and move forward as finances allow. From what I have read the Q will be a great start.
I previously owned an NB 99 ,with headers , cold air intake ,and a large single system, from a local manufacturer. I found it simply too noisy, as a daily driver.
I am really pleased to be part of the forum, so much great info.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

RobertS272 wrote:I have just bought a ''Winning Blue'' NC 05/06 ,and puchased the'' Q''Muffler from you. There will be a slight delay ,as I'm in Australia.
Thought that I would start at the back and move forward as finances allow. From what I have read the Q will be a great start.
I previously owned an NB 99 ,with headers , cold air intake ,and a large single system, from a local manufacturer. I found it simply too noisy, as a daily driver.
I am really pleased to be part of the forum, so much great info.

Thanks for your business Robert, that arrived from our factory and we got that on the way to you today.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com