Header heatshield fits PPE long tubes?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
07miata

Header heatshield fits PPE long tubes?

Post by 07miata »

Hi Brian,
Does this product:
http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... 030NC.html

fit the PPE long tube header? Would it make any real difference since the PPE long tubes are coated already? Does the heatshield protect the alternator also, or no? Any tips on specific thermal tape to use? Since I'll be down there I'd rather wrap the hell out of it now. Thanks (I know, lots of questions)!
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Header heatshield fits PPE long tubes?

Post by Brian »

It fits over any of our NC headers to keep more heat out of the underhood area. It would help keep underhood temps even lower.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Chris Thompson

Post by Chris Thompson »

I have a Trackdog blanket that I got from a friend but never felt like I needed to install it with my PPE LTH. The ceramic coating is truly amazing at keeping the heat in. Even after autocross runs you can put your hand right next to the tubes. Amazing coating. I suppose the alternator would appreciate being as cool as possible but then I wouldn't be able to see those pretty PPE tubes.
'99 Base Sport with bolt-on hardtop and '08 PRHT GT. I love them both. SCCA, PCA, BMW San Diego region #105
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Chris reminded me of something else, the problem with using the blankets with the ceramic is that the blanket would actually scratch the ceramic. Thus, I would skip the blanket.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
07miata

Post by 07miata »

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!
JJDGraz

Post by JJDGraz »

Will this blanket work as a replacement for the stock metal shield that is OEM? I am looking to replace the metal shield anyway. it is heavy, rattles, and does not keep much heat in. I have a 97 NA. 1.8 stock engine.
"All that wander are not lost"
J.R.R. Tolkien
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, can be used to replace stock shield.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com