New to performance enhancing

Welcome to the Good-Win Racing Forum. Feel free to tell us who you are, leave any comments or suggestionson how we can serve you better
GarrettL903

New to performance enhancing

Post by GarrettL903 »

Hey i just bought an 08 MX-5. I want to start making my car fast. Whats a great start?
Brian
Site Admin

Re: New to performance enhancing

Post by Brian »

Most folks start with easy bolt-on items like the RoadsterSport Q muffler (just two bolts!) and sway bars (see our Racing Beat and Progress Sways).

See our Project 2012 thread for detailed discussion of many of our most popular bolt-on mods.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
GarrettL903

Post by GarrettL903 »

Sorry if i may sound like a newb but im looking under some of the forums and just reading. Like ill see people refering to there cars as NC or NV models. Any explaination would be nice
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

NA is 90-97
NB is 99-05
NC is 2006 to present.

Thus, you have an NC. You will also see discussion of NC1 and NC2 because Mazda made some changes that started in the 2009 model year. Thus, 2006-2008 are NC1.....and 2009+ are NC2.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
DAVIDE VERZOLA

Post by DAVIDE VERZOLA »

my english is not perfect ... I write from italy .... brian what is the best 2 http://www.good-win-racing.com/miata/im ... /56010.jpg http://www.good-win-racing.com/miata/im ... Header.jpg
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

In general, longer primaries better. Thus, between the Racing Beat and the RoadsterSport I would take the Roadstersport for its longer primaries (and no sensors sticking directly into the collector which is the MOST critical point for smooth flow). On the other hand, having those O2 connections in the collector is practical for some installations. I prefer moving the sensors to the midpipe and keeping the header collector clear.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com