Brian i need your help

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
GarrettL903

Brian i need your help

Post by GarrettL903 »

Ok so you know im the proud owner of an 08 MX-5 and I've been googling and searching forum after forum and thought it would be best to ask someone who has more experience, hence im here. Well after reading some interesting things of of some forum regarding mazdas in general, I've read that my engine doesn't really output any more power after about 5700 rpms. Ive come to this knowledge in search of removing speed restrictor, governor, rev limiter, all in hopes of making my car go faster that 120. I have the 6 speed automatic with bump shift. And im not planing on making the car faster than this without new suspension and tires, etc. but you've told me to replace the factory exhaust a while back and that is on my agenda, but i was wondering is there any tinkering i can do maybe with the throttle body or ECU, to make it faster; and what i might expect from doing such. Sorry im a newb
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Brian i need your help

Post by Brian »

GarrettL903 wrote:Ok so you know im the proud owner of an 08 MX-5 and I've been googling and searching forum after forum and thought it would be best to ask someone who has more experience, hence im here. Well after reading some interesting things of of some forum regarding mazdas in general, I've read that my engine doesn't really output any more power after about 5700 rpms. Ive come to this knowledge in search of removing speed restrictor, governor, rev limiter, all in hopes of making my car go faster that 120. I have the 6 speed automatic with bump shift. And im not planing on making the car faster than this without new suspension and tires, etc. but you've told me to replace the factory exhaust a while back and that is on my agenda, but i was wondering is there any tinkering i can do maybe with the throttle body or ECU, to make it faster; and what i might expect from doing such. Sorry im a newb

Welcome, recently did our Ecutek MotoEast Reflash on our Project BLUE 2006 and I am amazed at the improvement. Peak hp in fourth gear up about 5 horsepower to 170 at the wheels but the difference in 2nd gear is much stronger than that, really fun to pull away from intersections in second like it never did before. So, my suggestion is do the exhaust and header first if that is in your plans and then do the reflash....you will be amazed at the improvement.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
GarrettL903

Re: Brian i need your help

Post by GarrettL903 »

As i would put it in my younger years "saw-weet" thanx Brian and ill definitely check that out