front mask,or bra yes or no

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
miaminice

front mask,or bra yes or no

Post by miaminice »

whats the best brand outhere?if i keep it waxed and take it of opnce in a while will it still ruin my paint?i like the look<but if my paint will fall off,gotta think about that one.anyway whats the best one,i just purchased one from goodwin any reviews?
Attachments
allover southflorida 2012 681.jpg
allover southflorida 2012 681.jpg (190.97 KiB) Viewed 4707 times
Reitrof

Re: front mask,or bra yes or no

Post by Reitrof »

I would go with a clear 3M bra over a regular bra. Dirt gets underneath the regular bras and can scratch the paint. I've done both.
2008 PRHT Touring True Red, MazdaSpeed body kit
RSII, RX8 Sways, KW V3 Coilovers
Kenwood DNX7100, Nautilis Horn
miaminice

Post by miaminice »

Reitrof wrote:I would go with a clear 3M bra over a regular bra. Dirt gets underneath the regular bras and can scratch the paint. I've done both.
yeap thats what they say,went to long without its alredy chiped and scratched,actually it will hide all that now,did you buy the goodwin one>.??
Reitrof

Post by Reitrof »

miaminice wrote:
Reitrof wrote:I would go with a clear 3M bra over a regular bra. Dirt gets underneath the regular bras and can scratch the paint. I've done both.
yeap thats what they say,went to long without its alredy chiped and scratched,actually it will hide all that now,did you buy the goodwin one>.??
For my miata I have had the 3M since it was new. I tried Mazda's and a third party on 2 other cars and found them hard to keep clean underneath.

Besides I never liked the look of the bras.
2008 PRHT Touring True Red, MazdaSpeed body kit
RSII, RX8 Sways, KW V3 Coilovers
Kenwood DNX7100, Nautilis Horn
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I will likely do Clearbra soon on our Project 2006. It is a pain to apply but reasonably effective. It is never quite completely clear and particularly when you wear polarizing sunglasses you will see it. You need to redo it every few years or it starts to get pretty torn up (at least it does on my cars that get some regular track duty).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Va MX5

Post by Va MX5 »

Folks,
I'm with Brian on this one, ClearBra is the way to go. My main track car has this now for two + years and it is still in great shape and so is the paint finish under it! Just wash the car as always and if there is any stubborn spots spray on Plexus plastic cleaner/protectant & polish. This product is available at most motorcycle shops, people use it to clean windscreens bikes. Great stuff. This stuff would probably also be good for older plastic rear windows on any drop top.
Pat- Va MX5
2012 MX5 PRHT GT
Va MX5

Post by Va MX5 »

Another cleaning product to try for cleaning work after a track session is
" Mothers R3 Racing Rubber Remover". This is rated as safe for paint and wraps such as ClearBra.
Pat- Va MX5
2012 MX5 PRHT GT