List of questions regarding possible upcoming modifications

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
yminkv

List of questions regarding possible upcoming modifications

Post by yminkv »

I've been holding off on making changes pending warrantee expiration, however someone recently hit and ran my 2011 PRHT in a parking lot requiring extensive repairs so I figured why wait.

1. The max power complete exhaust - is that available with the ceramic coated header, or would I have to buy each piece separately?

2. Rear spoiler options - I like the current Goodwin NC rear spoiler but I know that it's not compatible with the PRHT. Will a PRHT version of this be available or does anyone know of anything similar that is compatible?

3. Fender flares with appearance package - Are the super 20 flares absolutely incompatible with the appearance package? Could they be modified to work with the appearance package without looking awful?

4. Speedometer correction - Is it possible to have the speedo recalibrated or corrected for a larger/wider wheel/tire combination? I'd like to be able to drive without having to constantly do math in my head to know how fast I'm really going. I know that the wheel/tire combination that I want would not match the factory circumference.

Thanks for the info
Brian
Site Admin

Re: List of questions regarding possible upcoming modificati

Post by Brian »

[quote="yminkv"]I've been holding off on making changes pending warrantee expiration, however someone recently hit and ran my 2011 PRHT in a parking lot requiring extensive repairs so I figured why wait.

1. The max power complete exhaust - is that available with the ceramic coated header, or would I have to buy each piece separately?

You can request the upgrade to the ceramic at checkout screen and we will send you receipt for the difference in price between the regular and the ceramic.

2. Rear spoiler options - I like the current Goodwin NC rear spoiler but I know that it's not compatible with the PRHT. Will a PRHT version of this be available or does anyone know of anything similar that is compatible?

I hope to do PRHT version eventually...but can't give any sort of ETA.

3. Fender flares with appearance package - Are the super 20 flares absolutely incompatible with the appearance package? Could they be modified to work with the appearance package without looking awful?

Hmm, not sure I have seen the flares with the appearance package, but everything is possible.

4. Speedometer correction - Is it possible to have the speedo recalibrated or corrected for a larger/wider wheel/tire combination? I'd like to be able to drive without having to constantly do math in my head to know how fast I'm really going. I know that the wheel/tire combination that I want would not match the factory circumference.

You can go WIDER...without changing height. The 235/40/17 is a pretty perfect match for stock diameter.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
yminkv

Post by yminkv »

I've been holding off on making changes pending warrantee expiration, however someone recently hit and ran my 2011 PRHT in a parking lot requiring extensive repairs so I figured why wait.

You can request the upgrade to the ceramic at checkout screen and we will send you receipt for the difference in price between the regular and the ceramic.

Would it be easier if I just called to do this?

Nope, since I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday the best way to make sure it gets done is in the checkout screen memo section :oops:

I hope to do PRHT version eventually...but can't give any sort of ETA.

I can be patient, but can't wait to see it.

Hmm, not sure I have seen the flares with the appearance package, but everything is possible.

Having never seen it what would the challenge be here. Is it just a front fitment issue? Does the tape come pre-installed and would that make it harder to modify? Could a reputable body shop make it work?

Not sure if there would be any issues, but certainly a good shop could do it regardless.

You can go WIDER...without changing height. The 235/40/17 is a pretty perfect match for stock diameter.

I know the 235/40/17 works but would like to go wider and possible up to an 18" diameter. I'd like to supercharge it when the new kit gets worked out so I'm thinking I'd like to get a bit more width. Also how much width could I get without having to make major modifications to the fender and still be reasonable on the street?

I still suggest 235/40/17 or if going 18 inch then 225/40/18. You could go 245 or 255 wide with just real good fender roll. Putting too much tire on a street car makes it ride rough without any real gain in useable grip. On the other hand, keeping the tires smaller and having too much power for those tires is MUCH more fun in my experience.
SteveL149

Post by SteveL149 »

Just FYI, I have 18x8 inch Enkie PF01 with 215/40R18 Hankooks on my '06 with no mods or problems
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (107.48 KiB) Viewed 3835 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (96.07 KiB) Viewed 3835 times
'06 GT, True Red, 6MT, LSD, Koni Sports, Progress Springs/Sways, FatCat Bump Stops, AEM CAI, RS Max Flow Combo, TrackDog Header Blanket, Drilled & Slotted Brakes, Enkie PF01 18x8/Hankook 215/40, Wet Okie Custom Seat Covers, Cobalt Billet Pedals.