Boss Frog Double Hoop rollbar

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
antsalan

Boss Frog Double Hoop rollbar

Post by antsalan »

My Miata came with a cheap non-factory top with a glass rear window of a brand I haven't heard much about (E-Z ON). I'm thinking of adding a double hoop Boss Frog roll bar (I'm not sure if I will be getting the standard or MAXX version yet).

I understand that this rollbar will work with a glass rear window if it is close the the OEM window size.

Can you tell me the glass size of the factory rear window (for a 1995 Miata)? I guess I need the dimensions for the glass that is visible as well as the dimensions for the glass that is hidden in the seams so I can tell if the rollbar will fit.

Thanks.
Alan
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Boss Frog Double Hoop rollbar

Post by Brian »

Check width of the glass at the widest point including the glass covered in vinyl. If you are under 34 inches it will fit ...if you're more than 34 inches let's talk more.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
antsalan

Post by antsalan »

Brian,

The glass width including the glass covered in the vinyl is exactly 34 inches at the widest point. I'm having a little problem now with the vinyl stretching and starting to tear at the bottom passenger's side of the window. Do you think the closeness of the roll bar could worsen that?

Thanks.
Alan
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yeah, it won't help that.

Since you are right at the limit my other suggestion is a Harddog M2 Sport.

Add to that bar our THIS option to make the rear legs EXTRA WIDE for wider glass windows.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
antsalan

Post by antsalan »

I was able to sit in a Miata with a Harddog Sport rollbar of unknown vintage. With my eye height, the horizontal bar did block some of the back window through the rearview mirror.

If the double hoop works with 34" wide window, I will be buying the double hoop. If the tear at the bottom of my window get worse, I will start looking for a top with a smaller window later on (hopefully the placement of the rollbar's rear legs, which appear to fit near the top corner of the window, won't worsten the tear).

One more question... when the convertible top is folded down, does the glass window fit below the bottom horizontal brace (between the center support bracket and the bottom of the rear support leg.) or above it?