NEW LONG TUBE HEADERS.....

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Chris Thompson

Re: NEW LONG TUBE HEADERS.....

Post by Chris Thompson »

Saturday 8-3-13 we are in the same run group. I'll see you then! :)
'99 Base Sport with bolt-on hardtop and '08 PRHT GT. I love them both. SCCA, PCA, BMW San Diego region #105
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Chris Thompson wrote:Saturday 8-3-13 we are in the same run group. I'll see you then! :)
Perfect, that's a plan!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
JeremyJ069

Post by JeremyJ069 »

drive by sound clip or stationary?

this one might not be great for promotion...
https://vimeo.com/66662963

this one has some nice burble pop action
https://vimeo.com/66509836

and this is track stuff...
https://vimeo.com/66021231
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Thanks Jeremy, just to keep things straight for those reading this thread, all your clips are PPE Long Tube header with our Racing Beat exhaust?
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
JeremyJ069

Post by JeremyJ069 »

I thought you asked for Q?
ppe + Q and no baffles.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Great, ppe + Q and no baffles...... Yes, exactly what we were seeking, thanks!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ptr622

Post by ptr622 »

http://miataexhaust.wordpress.com/2010/ ... -exhausts/

has any of you seen the comparison (RS Max vs. Long tube) on the bottom of this page?
I have just read it and kind of shocked me. I tought that the long tube is the king of headers, but it seems like it is not! The RS Max performed better... and is much cheaper...

Any comments on that? Do I see it wrong?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Already been discussed in some detail, see the discussion page 9 and 10 of our thread on Project Blue 2006. More testing is planned.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
amoore311

Post by amoore311 »

Didn't want to make a new thread. Somewhat related.

Brian can you give me a heads up on what AWG stranded wire you guys use on your O2 extension cables. My buddy did not want to buy the cables like I suggested for the PPE Longtube, and I'd rather not have to get under my car to check the ones I bought from you unless I have to lol.

This is for the front O2. He spliced in 18 AWG Stranded, and I think that's where he is running into the constant P0130/P0134 codes.
morrisg

Post by morrisg »

amoore311 wrote:Didn't want to make a new thread. Somewhat related.

Brian can you give me a heads up on what AWG stranded wire you guys use on your O2 extension cables. My buddy did not want to buy the cables like I suggested for the PPE Longtube, and I'd rather not have to get under my car to check the ones I bought from you unless I have to lol.

This is for the front O2. He spliced in 18 AWG Stranded, and I think that's where he is running into the constant P0130/P0134 codes.
P0130 code is A/F sensor >500 ohms; P0134 code is A/F sensor >80 ohms. This isn't due to insufficient wire gauge, 18 AWG should be fine. I suspect your friend has an open circuit in his splice. When I did mine, I noticed that the sensor wire is NOT copper based and is very difficult to solder to. It took me lots of heat as well as a good deal of patience to get the solder to "wet" the sensor wire. Have him open up his splices and check for cold solder joints.

Having done this myself, I do not recommend splicing the sensor wires. Over the next 6 months, my car developed intermittent codes until the front A/F sensor failed. The replacement was over $250 so I just ordered Brian's extension cable. Works great, no problems.