NC track wheel/tire configuration w/o fender roll

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
ScottW491

NC track wheel/tire configuration w/o fender roll

Post by ScottW491 »

Hello Brian.

My goal is a street/track summer-only tire and a wheel combination without it being necessary to roll the fenders.

16,17,18? 8" or 9" width? 205,215,225?

What works well? I have 14" clearance from center of wheel hub to top edge of my fenders.

Smaller wheel, wider tire width and greater height?

I don't know. But I want to have the formula so I can look at the right products please.

I see you have Toyo and Forenza. Track only?? Other brands I should keep an open mind with?

Thank you.
ScottW491

Re: NC track wheel/tire configuration w/o fender roll

Post by ScottW491 »

Hmmmm. If one actually read the info at your site, one might answer his own question.

MAX SIZE. Folks ask every day what is the MAX size they can install on the 2006-2013 MX5 Miata without rolling fenders? The max tire size that fits in stock MX5 Miata fenders is 235/40/17 and our street users usually put that on 17x8 PFO1 and our autocross and track customers usually put that on 17x9 Enkei PFO1. Note that offset is critical....those PF01 wheels are 48mm and 50mm choices to get that 235/40/17 under stock fender lips...and you need some negative camber to clear (at least -1.3 negative). However, our most popular autocross 17x9 is the Enkei RPF1 (lighter and cheaper) which has a 45mm offset and requires a fender lip roll for 235/40/17 or more tire (STR customers often using 255mm wide tires but that requires a VERY substantial fender lip roll).
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

You found it, good work. Any questions on that, let me know.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
bluelagoon

Post by bluelagoon »

I got this reply from Brian for the question below:

RP-F1 does not fit NC in 16x7. Very few 16 inch do fit NC because of rear link close to rim. Sorry, I am not a fan of 16 inch on NC.

My Message:

What do you think about 16x7 (maybe RP-F1) with 225/45/16 tire (Falken) on 2008 NC Miata? I don't race nor autocross, but just regular everyday driving. Mine is simply normal except K&N air filter.
I want more speed on start dash.
RP-F1 16x7 comes with 43mm offset…is that enough to clear the normal fender?
thank you!!