Roadster Sport street header

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
LynnM

Roadster Sport street header

Post by LynnM »

Hi Brian, I am really impressed with the craftsmanship of the catted header and thinking of Swain Tech Coatings. Do you know if they have done these? Part # 61-1155
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Roadster Sport street header

Post by Brian »

I can't recall the name of the customer but I know at least one customer bought ours in the raw and had it done at Swain. However, I will say that I think the quality of our ceramic coated version of the RoadsterSport Street Header (available on the site now and picture below) is now so good that you will never find any additional benefit of the Swain over ours, on the dyno or otherwise.

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
NavyLt

Post by NavyLt »

I wish that this beautiful ceramic coating was available when I bought my catted street header last year, rather than the black coating which really detracted from the underhood look. I certainly would have opted for it.
Reitrof

Post by Reitrof »

With the coated version Brian, is it still necessary to reuse the stock heat shield?
2008 PRHT Touring True Red, MazdaSpeed body kit
RSII, RX8 Sways, KW V3 Coilovers
Kenwood DNX7100, Nautilis Horn
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

If you mean the outer shield that protects the brake lines, I can't think of a good reason to leave it out since it is so easy to put back with just two connection points....but indeed the ceramic version of the header likely makes the job of that shield pretty easy, and likely unnecessary.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com