Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
morrisg

Re: Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Post by morrisg »

Yes, the SBC finish RPF1s look really good with that red color!
tailslides

Post by tailslides »

Your project SS car is a beauty, it looks like it has enough modification to be fun and interesting whilst still being a great everyday driver.

It has given us a plan to follow with our new PRHT NC3, the previous NC1 soft top was dropped 30mm (1 1/4") which was on the limit for the poor quality roads around here that are plagued with speed humps and cushions, the progress springs look just ideal with just a 1/2" drop, although we do not think they are available in the UK, perhaps it is a good excuse for a trip to SoCal, perhaps the progress sway bars will fit in the luggage as well.

Here is a photograph of our latest MX-5, the color is Zeal Red, (41G) and it is a 2.0l Sport Tech Nav, we have not done too much to it just yet, just cosmetics, eight hundred miles on the clock it has had body colored dash insert with chrome vent surrounds and body color steering wheel inserts and splash guards, a Mazda clear wind deflecter, I.L Motorsports s/s back box and an Ultragauge, other proposed changes include a rear diffuser, speaker upgrade and digital radio.

We are taking the car to Monte Carlo for the Miata anniversary this June and plan to drop the ride height after that, we will be interested to follow the progress of your project, it may give us a few more ideas before then.
Attachments
zealred (Custom).jpg
zealred (Custom).jpg (144.83 KiB) Viewed 21489 times
Bart

Post by Bart »

Great pics of the project car. Now, how do you remove the chrome around the front grill? I think all black would have a sportier look.

Thanks
Bart

Post by Bart »

Hi Folks,

After reviewing this thread, I'm getting a bit concerned.

After the Progress spring install my Soft Top, non-PRHT, NC2 sits 14.5 Rear and 13.5 Front. And that's even after a second time of loosening up to snug the bottom shock and top suspension bolts, then driving around the block a few times. I note that other cars have pretty much been level all around. What could be making my car not sit level? (Not that it looks bad!) No, I didn't install the springs for the rear on the front. Frankly, they wouldn't have fit correctly even if I wanted to put them on wrong.

Your thought?

Thank
Bart
Last edited by Bart on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Rear bushings are locking in that rear height, you need to follow those workshop notes in the product description again and bounce it better to release that height.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Bart

Post by Bart »

The bushings on the shock or suspension arms? I've done it twice so far. Maybe my idea of snug is wrong. Should the bolts then be just finger tight when doing the bouncing and driving around the block?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, the stock bushings..and you must release them or car will sit high. That's what those workshop notes are telling you.

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Bart

Post by Bart »

I swear I've been following those very directions, but I'll do it once again. This time I won't tighten up the bolts as snug and I'll bounce the car even harder. Hopefully that will release the bushings.

Thanks for your time
Bart
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Put two big people in the car and bounce it good if you need. Do it again after 500 more miles and it will sit down.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Bart

Post by Bart »

If, and that's if I've tried all your suggestions and it still hasn't setteled, would new bushing like these work? http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... -0571.html