Eibach Pro Kit /Mazdaspeed Springs w/Bilstein Factory Shocks

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
FrankieS791

Eibach Pro Kit /Mazdaspeed Springs w/Bilstein Factory Shocks

Post by FrankieS791 »

Brian, I am considering the Eibach Pro Kit / Mazdaspeed springs for my 2006 Grand Touring MX-5 because I am looking for more drop than the 0.5 inch drop with the Progress Springs and do not want to buy adjustable shocks. My car is not a daily driver. I plan on doing spirited street driving mostly and will not be auto crossing or tracking. Can I use the Eibach Pro Kit / Mazdaspeed Springs with my factory Bilsteins (currently have about 17k miles on them)? Will I need to cut my bump stops with this set up or can I leave them stock? If I go this route what alignment do you suggest? I plan on going with 215/45/17 Yokohoma S Drives. Thank you in advance for your input!
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Eibach Pro Kit /Mazdaspeed Springs w/Bilstein Factory Sh

Post by Brian »

Yes, you can use those springs on your bilsteins. As for the stops, you can cut or not cut. Cutting gives you more free travel before you get into the stops...but more firm landing on the stops. Not cutting would mean you are effectively riding the stops much of the time and that means more firm when just in cruise mode but also less obvious transition onto the stops. I would likely skip the trim of the stops but that's very much a matter of subjective personal tastes (which is another way of saying there is no 'right' answer for all).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
FrankieS791

Re: Eibach Pro Kit /Mazdaspeed Springs w/Bilstein Factory Sh

Post by FrankieS791 »

Thanks Brian.