NC roll bar w/PRHT

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
JamesK383

Re: NC roll bar w/PRHT

Post by JamesK383 »

Not yet.

Only thing thing I know we can do is drop our seats. which isn't a simple solution either
jboemler

Post by jboemler »

NaregM677 wrote: is there a functional roll bar that can be installed once at the top is down and removed and placed in the trunk when the top needs to come up?
Have you looked at the size of the roll bar compared to the size of the trunk? :roll:
NaregM677

Post by NaregM677 »

It doesn't necessarily have to be in the trunk or in MY trunk. I'll probably be investing in a small hitch soon so the question can be rephrased to "something I can put in the trailer, get to the track, and install".
2013 Miata Club "Shadowfax"
"And the road becomes my bride..."
DavidP020

Post by DavidP020 »

The roll bar can be in 2 parts, so it will fit in the trunk.

If an extension for the "Hard Dog M3 PRHT" rollbar would be available, I would be very happy!

I could install the extension for track day events, and the other days I would use the standard
"Hard Dog M3 PRHT" roll bar.
Freescopesdad

Post by Freescopesdad »

I had asked the same question of Hard Dog a year ago. Tom indicated at that time that he wasn't interested in investing any engineering into something that likely would not pass muster of all the different sanctioning bodies and clubs, and would likely not sell in enough numbers to make it pay. Good luck.
Ron Petrich
http://www.sacramentoareamiata.org
2016 ND GT 6MT|ZII/NT01|Ohlins|Progress|OFT|HDDDM4
NaregM677

Post by NaregM677 »

I wonder if I should just buy the Hard Dog and weld an additional length to it myself. Can anybody think of a reason why that may not work?
2013 Miata Club "Shadowfax"
"And the road becomes my bride..."
JamesK383

Post by JamesK383 »

Might as well buy the soft top bar to save yourself time and money.

Either way you won't be able to close your roof.
JamesK383

Post by JamesK383 »

Brian,

How long would it take to exchange roll bars from stock to an after market track approved bar?

Assuming all the mods had already been done for the first install and we are setting up our cars on Friday for track day Saturday.

Would this only be a matter of popping off interior plastics, unbolting one bar and then bolting in the other?

This implies that i understand i will not have a functional roof for the day.

-James
jboemler

Post by jboemler »

Freescopesdad wrote:I had asked the same question of Hard Dog a year ago. Tom indicated at that time that he wasn't interested in investing any engineering into something that likely would not pass muster of all the different sanctioning bodies and clubs, and would likely not sell in enough numbers to make it pay. Good luck.
Exactly as expected. In addition, he's foreseeing the day when he's called into court, being asked why he provided a product that he knew was below all racing standards, and his customer was paralyzed from the neck down as a result. No business owner is about to get into that.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

JamesK383 wrote:Brian,

How long would it take to exchange roll bars from stock to an after market track approved bar?

Assuming all the mods had already been done for the first install and we are setting up our cars on Friday for track day Saturday.

Would this only be a matter of popping off interior plastics, unbolting one bar and then bolting in the other?

This implies that i understand i will not have a functional roof for the day.

-James
Yes, once plastic bits are trimmed, I have swapped bars in under 30 minutes. Having a battery powered impact gun makes it fast.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com