25th Anniversary Edition parts

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
rpmchris

25th Anniversary Edition parts

Post by rpmchris »

I'm curious about your thoughts on the new pistons and rods on the 25th Anniversary MX-5 - what have you heard?
'06 MX-5 Sport 6-speed
Autocross junkie!
Brian
Site Admin

Re: 25th Anniversary Edition parts

Post by Brian »

Curious myself, but sorry to say I don't know the details yet myself. Perhaps somebody else can pipe in on that?
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
morrisg

Post by morrisg »

From what I read on the 25th Anniversary site at Mazda, they are just weighing the pistons and rods and picking a balanced set. They also pick a light flywheel. It sounds to me as if they are just screening the normal parts that come in for engine builds on the production line. I'm not sure how large their variations are normally, but it should make a smoother running engine. Not sure if they are raising the redline limiter value, so that might tell you something right there. Besides, I think the limit on rpm is set by the valve springs as it is an interference engine.

http://www.mazda.com/stories/craftmansh ... 5_25th/sv/
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Ahh, very good, sounds like what was done on the 10th AE versions, almost a blue printed motor.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com