Anyone used this exhaust set up ?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
rpmchris

Re: Anyone used this exhaust set up ?

Post by rpmchris »

I won't drive my car over 10 minutes without hearing protection. When I rarely DO drive it to work (25 miles, 30-50 minutes depending on traffic), I have my ear buds in listening to news/traffic or tunes. Top up and windows up, it's murder. Top up and windows down, even worse with the wind noise (and I have no A/C, so...). Top and windows down, at highway speeds, for more than 5-10 minutes? Fuggidaboudit.
'06 MX-5 Sport 6-speed
Autocross junkie!
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Thanks for the input fellas. I am reconsidering and maybe running the same exact set up without the RACE muffler, instead, the SUPER Q will replace it. The sound will DEFINITELY be toned down I assume ? Or is the RACE mipipe gonna be a issue ?
morrisg

Post by morrisg »

@captaincrunch: My PPE LTH & midpipe + Goodwin Race Single measured 93db to 95db at Nationals. You should be way under 102db for MRLS in September. Wish I could go see the unveil of the new ND, too! Take pics!!!
Captaincrunch

Post by Captaincrunch »

morrisg, thanks for the info! I'll definitely post up pics. I have a friend who loves taking photos will be documenting our trip from TX to LS.