[NC] Bump Stop Selection

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
geneius811

[NC] Bump Stop Selection

Post by geneius811 »

So I picked up a set of progress springs, and now I'm in the process of upgrading my shocks as well. I know I want to pick up the Koni's, so that's a no brainer. The big question i have is the bump stops. I see there are different ones available. Can someone tell me the differences between the following:

COMFORT FCM 58 White/76 Red Bump Stop Kit
FCM 36/58 White Bump Stop Kit SPORT version for LOWERED 06+ Miatas
SPORT FCM 58 RED/ 58 WHITE Bump Stop Kit

What i'm trying to go for is a nice lowered car (get rid of the wheel gap), daily driven for comfort, but yet still decent enough if i decide to auto X once in awhile...(does that make sense?) Do i have to modify these, like i would have to with the stock bump stops, or they just fit right in. Anyways, thanks for listening.
JamesK383

Re: [NC] Bump Stop Selection

Post by JamesK383 »

I have this set up and love it.

FCM's website has a lot of good videos and info to explain how the bump stops work. Check those out and you will find all the answers to your questions.

I will say adding them now is the right time to do it, because you have to assemble to the struts before installing them on your car.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The titles tell the tale....COMFORT if you want to max the comfort. SPORT if you want to max handling, and Sport for lowered if using lowering springs so you are not riding the stops all the time.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
geneius811

Post by geneius811 »

just to be sure, do i have to do any modifications to these bump stops, or do i just set them and forget it.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Just install and ride....
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
geneius811

Post by geneius811 »

Thanks! I ordered some shocks and the bumpstops!! I'm excited!!!