ND REVEALED...

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Glock Holiday

Re: ND REVEALED...

Post by Glock Holiday »

Thanks for posting!
DennisO953

Post by DennisO953 »

Exterior: looks good, but not sure an improvement. Love my 2010.
Interior: It appears that placed a removable I-pod above the dash, interfering with line of sight. If you can not build the devise into the car, why place it where it appears an obstruction.
The MX5 is a driver's car.
We want to see where we are, not the radio station, or where we might go (if a road trip is available).
I'll keep my 2010. Listen to 6 CDs and travel the road less traveled.
Just my preference.
Appreciate the opportunity to choose.
All can enjoy what they love.
JohnL436

Post by JohnL436 »

I love that red! When can I order one?
davidmtb5

Post by davidmtb5 »

Let me back up a bit. The Reveal on line was a huge disappointment. I kept waiting to see the front of the car, and then the passé band was introduced and they looked disinterested playing their old James Bond song. I could go on but, but as a proud owner of an nc, I was embarrassed for Mazda. Over the next few days when I was able to see more photos of the nd, did i begin to appreciate the beautiful exterior design. The interior has one flaw, in my humble opinion, that ugly screen in the middle of the dash. I hated it in the Mazda 3, and it's going to look worse in a smaller interior.
Buzzclick

Post by Buzzclick »

After such a long wait, our new baby is finally born.

Talk about a long gestation period. You'd think this thing was a baby elephant or Blue whale.

All I can say is...I really love my 2010 GT.

But, this might well be my next purchase.

Well done Mazda. :mrgreen:
2010 silver GT PRHT 6MT
jimmo-san

Post by jimmo-san »

I'm very sorry to see that Mazda has jumped on the latest car design fad and has adopted the "scowling face" image for the headlights/grill. This looks so BMW-like that I wonder if motorists will even recognize it as a Mazda at all.

Bring back the happy face Miata, Mazda! :D
'88 Mazda RX-7
'93 Mazda RX-7
'97 Mazda Miata
'04 Mazda 3 Sport GS
Farther

Post by Farther »

The only thing I don't like about the new NC is that there is not one in my drive.
elloco54

Post by elloco54 »

Body and interior look fantastic (Finally get rid of the boy racer chrome tail lights). But it looks like they have a bunch of leftover NB parts they are using for the brakes and hubs. Was really hoping for something a little stronger than a 2.0 in the engine department as well.
ronbauer

Post by ronbauer »

Brian,

From what I've seen, the suspension and subframe setups seem to be very similar to the NC. Did you happen to notice whether the rear hub setup is the same? What I'm really asking is whether there is any chance that 15" wheels will fit the ND, or will 16s still be the smallest?

Ron
Farther

Post by Farther »

I understand the placement of the nav unit in the line of sight to reduce the transition lag time between the street and gauges. But why not a heads-up display then?