2015 MX-5 break in recommendations

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
RobertR488

2015 MX-5 break in recommendations

Post by RobertR488 »

I've never owned any new car & would like the Mazda experts' suggestions on how I can prolong its' life. I'm a Mercedes mechanic and hope to never visit the dealer again. Thanks in advance.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: 2015 MX-5 break in recommendations

Post by Brian »

Like it says in the Mazda manual, just drive it normal, no special break-in. Just the usual recommendations including avoid the redline the first 500 or so miles, avoid same speed for long freeway drives during those miles, avoid racing the motor when cold....but don't let it sit running in the driveway until it warms up, just drive normal for the first 500 or so miles.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
njaremka

Post by njaremka »

from page 4-6 in the owners manual:

No special break-in is necessary, but a few precautions in the first 1,000 km (600 miles) may add to the performance, economy, and life of your Mazda.
- Do not race the engine.
- Do not maintain one constant speed, either slow or fast, for a long period of time.
- Do not drive constantly at full-throttle or high engine rpm for extended periods of time.
- Avoid unnecessary hard stops.
- Avoid full-throttle starts.
RobertR488

Post by RobertR488 »

I read the owner's manual and viewed the app too. Do you recommend changing the engine oil or any other lubricants prior to the recommended service interval?