best long term suspension for $1500 or less.

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
CursedSIC

best long term suspension for $1500 or less.

Post by CursedSIC »

So, Im looking at my suspension options in the $1500 range.
So far my two best options are progress sways, progress lowering springs, and koni shocks, or tein coilovers, with a progress front sway.
The car is a DD, with limited track use.
I want the car to handle well both off and on the track, but the most important thing to me is reliability off the track.
I don't want to buy items I will have to replace in 1 year.

If I could get some suggestions or advice I would be most appreciative.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: best long term suspension for $1500 or less.

Post by Brian »

With TRACK days in the plans, easy to recommend the TEIN coilovers as the place to start. Indeed likely want the Progress front sway with that since the TEIN spring rates are so close front to rear.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
CursedSIC

Post by CursedSIC »

Note, track day will likely only be about twice a year or so.
Also, how great is the difference in handling between the two set-ups?
How great is the difference in ride quality?
How adjustable is the ride height with the TEIN street flex coilovers?
I've never done a suspension upgrade before, so I'm honestly not entirely sure what to expect.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Coilovers put you in full control over height results...and give you the freedom to change your mind and go higher or lower later. If you got serious about the track days the coilovers also give you the choice to properly corner balance the car. There is a pretty big jump in performance from the mild Progess springs to any of the coilovers in terms of the level of spring rate and handling. I usually suggest the Progress springs and sways for customers seeking to take out the 'flop and slop' of the factory setup for more fun in their street driving... but not planning any track use because it is still a relatively soft setup for any sort of track use. Nonetheless, assuming 99% of your use is street and you want to keep emphasis on comfort then the Progress Sway and Spring combo like we used on my wife's car is amazingly effective for the money.

Brian
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com