ground control coil overs

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
nova99sport

ground control coil overs

Post by nova99sport »

Hey guys, so I installed a set of ground control coil overs with my koni struts and the car is very bouncy over bumps and even just small dips in smooth roads felt like spring boards. With the front having 1.4 inches of gap between the tire and fender the rear needs to have a 2.5 inch gap. I looked at it under load with car on the ground and it looks like the coil sleve it's self is too long? When the car was on it's last thread on both sides in the rear the car was almost resting on the sleeve yet the height seemed to hardly change? Is this possibly a matter of my mechanic torquing the suspension together while it was hanging down?
SimplyClean

Re: ground control coil overs

Post by SimplyClean »

In my opinion, this is likely what caused that. I'd take it back to your mechanic and have him revert this and then re-torque when the car is on the ground. Then after ~100 miles get a proper alignmen. Best of luck, mate.
2007 GT PRHT 6MT
Tein S-tech springs, oem bilstein shocks, roadstersport race single, Racing beat race mid-pipe w/o pre-silencer, nrg short hub and quick release, dg motorsports lip, Exedy stage 1 racing clutch, Fidanza flywheel, aem cold air intake