I'm lost

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
elloco54

Re: I'm lost

Post by elloco54 »

The main difference between the 2 cars is he has the full race Ohlins with 13K and 8K springs. My car is probably a little heavier as it's a GT and I have a roll bar. He has a OSG diff me Tomei. Same frt sway Hotchkis but his rear is stock mine is Hotchkis. I think I have an advantage in that I have complete powerflex bushings a little taller tire 255 vs 245 and a higher rev limit 7750 vs 7500,plus a stiffer chassis with the M3 sport roll bar. As a note of interest I ran an event against John (Woody ) Rogers from Tire Rack in his second gen S2K he was a second quicker but was on the limiter as much if not more than me as they changed the gearing on the gen 2 cars. I think I'm going to add some camber and work on my driving style to suit these tires.
Curves

Post by Curves »

You could ask the driver of the Calder car to drive yours for a couple of laps. An occasional drive from a top driver is always a good reference to judge where you are.
elloco54

Post by elloco54 »

The current owner of the ex calder car is not a top driver all he did is buy a nationals prepped car. Here is a comment from a friend of mine who has driven both cars and is a top driver. "I liked your car better, personally. Maybe it was the surface, but Ido's car is really pushy for my driving style. The bright side is I could be on power 100% with almost zero fear of oversteer."