2016 suspension question

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
KarenP614

2016 suspension question

Post by KarenP614 »

Hi,

I belong to a local Miata club, only member who has a 2016. On Saturdays we drive the backcountry of Oregon where we always are taking extremely windy roads with very tight turns. I learned quickly from other drivers that I needed to upgrade my suspension (see list below for current changes). I did the tires first, they seemed to provide somewhat better driving, Friday had the anti-sway bars installed, between the tires and swaybars I noticed a good deal of improvement.

Now I am looking at Progress Technologies MX5 Springs. My question is, how much of a difference should I expect in regards to taking tight turns with these springs. I am doing the springs no matter the replies but just thought it prudent to ask any ways.
  • Progress Technologies MX5 FRONT and REAR AntiSway Bar Combo
  • Michelin Pilot super sport tires
Karen
MarkL247

Re: 2016 suspension question

Post by MarkL247 »

The lowering of the car and stiffer springs should help greatly in cornering. The sways and springs were designed to work together so shouldn't be overly stiff.

From what I have read I have the sway bars on lowest setting, but I went with coil overs instead, same concept. With just the sways it reduced body roll some, but combined with stiffer springs and the sways. It was much better.

Oh and don't forget to get an alignment after the springs are installed.
KarenP614

Re: 2016 suspension question

Post by KarenP614 »

Thanks Mark for sharing.