Back in Winning Blue. Our 'new' Project Blue!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
brandontrek

Re: Back in Winning Blue. Our 'new' Project Blue!

Post by brandontrek »

Brian,
Do you have any detailed pictures of installing the blackbird spoiler? I recently purchased one from you and...well...it seems like a "figure it out" type of install. No instructions, no guide. What I am looking for are measurements for the placement of the rear supports and measurements for the actual mounts(where they should be placed).
Ryan @ GWR

Post by Ryan @ GWR »

There is a link to the detailed installation instructions on our product page for that spoiler.

Click this LINK to go directly there
Castro

Post by Castro »

Brian,

What flywheel/clutch are you running in the blue car? Trying to find if the fidanza is a good fit for the 2.5.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Castro wrote:Brian,

What flywheel/clutch are you running in the blue car? Trying to find if the fidanza is a good fit for the 2.5.
Just yesterday I told someone that it was ACT and light flywheel....but I checked with head mechanic Rocky this morning and he reminded me that it is actually SpeedSport Carbon/Carbon super light setup that is not in production at this point.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

It appears our Project Blue is sold...

A prospective buyer flies in from GA tomorrow to get up close and personal with this fantastic car. I will miss it, we have learned a ton with this project, it looks fantastic, it goes fast at every event and always gathers a ton of compliments. Along the way this great NC helped give birth to many new NC items that are helping thousands of NC owners. Cooling advancements from our Triple pass radiator to our NC oil cooler to our Singular hood vents. The latest super cool NC item, our aluminum expansion tanks were test fit on this NC. NC 2.5 installs advanced a lot with this project beyond the cooling updates, including our super popular RoadsterSport engine mounts, new monster 1.8 inch shorty header and the longtube 1.63 header, and on and on. Front urethane spoiler, rear spoiler, etc.

Seller asked why we would sell such an amazing Miata? Answer is simple, we just run out of space and every year we have a new project. This project has served us well, it has helped us develop a ton of great new stuff, but we need more space for the next Miata project, which is a MX5-RF that arrives soon!

This thread will continue because there will be long be questions about decisions made on this project, etc.

One last picture for now, Project Blue with Uber Rare Factory Hardtop and our latest 17x10 6UL Fitment with 255/40 tires. Spacers needed for this to clear on the inside, and it can still rub a bit on fender liner over larger dips in the road but for autocross and track days it sticks!
Attachments
ProjectBlue1710.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Zadnak

Post by Zadnak »

Hopefully he lives in the Atlanta area. I'd like to meet him if so. Please mention this post to him if y'all don't mind. Thank you!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

My mistake, nice guy named Greg Smith from Raleigh, NC.

I was talking to a guy from GA, but the nice fellow here today with check to buy it is from NC...and it is SOLD.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
gregsmith

Post by gregsmith »

As Brian stated, I'm the very lucky new owner of Project Blue! Brian, Andi, Rocky, and the rest of the team have been truly incredible to work with! The car is now in transit to Moto-East to receive an alcohol analyzer and additional pump gas tune(s) from Mike, as he tuned the car along this build process. These additions will give me some additional flexibility when E85 is inconsistent or harder to find.

Zadnak -- Even though I'm based in Raleigh, I would be more than happy to meetup with other members if that would help. Atlanta is just around the corner.
gregsmith

Post by gregsmith »

Zadnak, I plan to be in Atlanta during the middle of next week (Jan 11-12) - check for my contact info in my profile.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Bump of thread to make it easier to find, because we are getting ready to do another 2.5 project NC!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com