SUPERCHARGED NC Racer Project!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
dennis320

Re: SEMA SHOW....NC COSWORTH SUPERCHARGER COMPLETE!

Post by dennis320 »

Thanks Brian, I got the point. I will look what space I have there before and after factory part. Two sandwich plates that I have ordered, one has thermostat for 78C and the other has sensor connection on it. Poor me could not find the both on one when in a hurry.
I am new to Mx5 and I am the one of a kind here. I don' t have any professional help except the mechanic who does only what I tell him to do. I am doing for the best to keep car running as long as session continuous.
Good to have people like you around.

One last question if I have missed in the topic, what kind of ignition package you have on this car ie.ignition coil, spark plug, amplifier etc. I have read somewhere that you put itv22 as one step colder but what about ignition coils? I keep blowing #1 up :? Might be shortcut on last one might because of direct heat from the radiator fan melted wire before explode the coil.
http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.ph ... ost8029308

Cheers
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Cannot imagine how you get enough heat off radiator fan to melt the coil wire that is two feet from radiator....but look seriously at our Singular hood vents if you really are getting that sort of heat out of the rad, the hood vents suck the heat right out the hood. When my fan turns out you can fly a kite off the hood vents on our car!

We have a cool HKS ignition booster, dyno shows it adds about 15hp but sadly HKS killed production on this item years ago.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
dennis320

Post by dennis320 »

You have shipped my Singular hood vent yesterday already :D . So it is gonna be fine when I get everything together.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Another Longterm Update....and another new high for the OLDEST Supercharged NC....now 318 HP, 285 Ft/lbs Torque!

Prior test above of prototype 1.8 inch primary header was missing the internal 'bullet' which is the flow director that just helps clean flow a little as it moves out the primaries and through the collector section. Now that production units are available with the flow bullet included decided we should do another pair of pulls this morning to update this old thread. Thrilled to see this oldest of mp62 installs, the oldest supercharged NC in the world, still making new records. I think this is the highest result for this blower setup on a 2.0, and this is the original install, the very first kit! We could add a little timing now and likely get torque to 300 but still running the 5 speed trans which is barely living at this power level so will leave the tune alone for now. But I expect if we dropped to 2.6 pulley, which requires a machine job on the supercharger nose, we could tune this install to 350hp on a 6speed trans.
Attachments
MonsterpriF.jpg
HeaderBullet1.jpg
HeaderBullet1.jpg (13.3 KiB) Viewed 19146 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Another fun weekend for our 2007 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca!
NCSuperLaguna.jpg
Our 2007 Doing the Front Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca Straight is about 10 seconds.

Attachments
Laguna Towing Dakota.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

What's the diameter of the rest of the exhaust?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Dubcity wrote:What's the diameter of the rest of the exhaust?
Our RoadsterSport exhaust choices are all 2.5 inch all the way...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Sean @ GWR

Post by Sean @ GWR »

New year and time to give our Supercharged NC a breath of fresh air. Prototype billet throttle body which should flow a bit more air than the factory piece. Any guesses on how much horsepower we will make?
32194738406_2851dad72a_k.jpg
While we were there we also decided to fit one of our very popular aluminum expansion tanks!
31394860814_f63dc4c12b_k.jpg
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

Throttle body looks awesome!

Not sure you're going to see the full benefit with it yet, though, because at 300+ hp, you're probably more exhaust flow limited than intake flow limited at the moment. Might be time to try out a 3" midpipe and muffler on that bad boy to see what completely un-corking it does for power, especially with that monster header you already have. :wink:

2.5" piping is only zero-restriction up to about 230 hp. After that, it's adding a little bit of backpressure. The power you're making is begging for a full 3" exhaust.
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I hear you on the 3 inch Chuck, but after we filled demand from the other 10 guys in the USA who really need 3 inch today, not sure what we do with the other 90 three inch systems. Thus, will see what we get here on the throttle body for now.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com