NC parts CARB schedule

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
AdrienH778

NC parts CARB schedule

Post by AdrienH778 »

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the updates you have been giving so far, I am very excited to see some parts getting CARB approved, hopefully throughout this year... ?

Could you please list the different parts that you have or are going to submit for CARB approval?
It would be great if you could indicate some estimated timeline, so we can have an idea of what to expect first (even though the final delay is not up to you guys).

ex.
- product name / current stage / next stage est. date
- RS Helmholtz midpipe / submitted for CARB on xx/xx
- RS Street header / designing fixture / submission planned on xx/xx

That would really help me (and probably some other folks) to anxiously wait for these awesome products!!

Thanks,
Adrien
Brian
Site Admin

Re: NC parts CARB schedule

Post by Brian »

My recollection is NB was two or three years out of production before we got first CARB midpipe done, my guess is similar timeline for NC. With NB it ended up taking three part numbers to cover 99 through 2005, hopefully we get the job done with just one or two. Currently only CARB plans are Helmholtz NC midpipe and NC Street Header. Note that does NOT mean units purchased today will be CARB legal at some point, the rules require that once CARB is obtained that the CARB number must be inscribed on each unit. Thus, only units purchased after CARB is accomplished, assuming it is accomplished, would have the number inscribed and be CARB legal.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
AdrienH778

Post by AdrienH778 »

Thank you, Brian.

Sorry to be so impatient, that's very helpful to know.
JamesK383

Post by JamesK383 »

Hi Brian & Goodwin Team,

With your stable of NC's shrinking and growing number of ND projects, i am concerned that CARB development is affected or canceled. Is there any hope for us poor CA guys?

-James
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

We had half a dozen NC, we sold a few, still got NC.

None of this related in the slightest to CARB projects. Last NC sold was Turbo 2.3 track toy, never had factory ECU, never had factory motor, never had factory emissions, never had VIN. In other words, as relevant to NC CARB work as your average Corvette or Mustang.

We ran into some issues with CARB catted header which put that project back on the shelf for now, but CARB Helmholtz midpipe moving forward and hope to have that done by Spring.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com