Replacement NC headlights

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
matthew-m

Replacement NC headlights

Post by matthew-m »

The passenger side headlight on my 2007 has a defective projector, causing the light to be pointed down and to the left. Is this an easy fix? The body shop recommended replacing the headlight assembly... If I have to replace, are there any recommendations for the aftermarket options instead of the factory versions?

Also, any recommendations for the LED headlight conversion bulbs that are available? I want to maintain the factory light pattern, though with more light output.

Thanks in advance!
Matthew Metoyer
2010 Grey MX-5 GT, Manual, Sport Package, Street Single w/Baffle, FCM Coilovers - "GT" setup with KBO & Ripple Reducer, 16x8 wheels, Budget Big Brakes, Goodwin Underbody Braces, Cravenspeed Shift Knob
na5tynat3

Re: Replacement NC headlights

Post by na5tynat3 »

If you contact theretrofitsource they can source direct bolt ins for the car from rx8s. If you already have hids then they bolt right in. If not you will need a d2s hid kit to make them work. Much better beam pattern.
matthew-m

Post by matthew-m »

I don't have HID (zenon) lights, only the standard halogens. There is a projector as part of the headlight assembly that focuses the beam. There are now LED bulbs available that take the place of halogen bulb and include the necessary voltage regulator as part of the replacement bulb. I am looking for any first hand reviews of those LED bulbs, as well as the aftermarket headlight assemblies.
Matthew Metoyer
2010 Grey MX-5 GT, Manual, Sport Package, Street Single w/Baffle, FCM Coilovers - "GT" setup with KBO & Ripple Reducer, 16x8 wheels, Budget Big Brakes, Goodwin Underbody Braces, Cravenspeed Shift Knob
JamesK383

Post by JamesK383 »

I haven't tested LED myself, but investaged them awhile back.

What I learned is that even though they can be a lot brighter, they don't necessarily project as much light on to the road.

So be careful with what you install