OV Tuning software difficult

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
ColinK081

OV Tuning software difficult

Post by ColinK081 »

I can't get this tune installed. I've been going back and forth with Mat. He's been helpful, but it's been a month and I still can't figure out how to put the tune on the car. There are pdf instruction files with pictures, but they assume some prior knowledge of the software. It also didn't help that his response times have been 4-6 days. There are 18 emails back and forth since January. If I had known this would be so hard, I wouldn't have bought the product.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: OV Tuning software difficult

Post by Brian »

I know Mat's instructions for install are pretty straight forward, perhaps try the install on another computer.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ColinK081

Post by ColinK081 »

I figured it out. The problem was that the overall process was not well explained. There is an app updater that is separate from the installer software. You first need to download a license to use the software. The app updater can do this. Then you updater the software. Then you need to ask for the base file download. Then once you find where you've downloaded the base file, our ROOM, then you can install to your ECU.

I needed very, very basic instructions and did not get them. The response I got were
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Thanks for the feedback, I will pass this back to Mat at OV immediately.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com