Konig HyperGram

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Konig HyperGram

Post by Brian »

Picture Courtesy Customer Brendan Ferreira
Bronze Hypergram 15x7.5
Attachments
HypergramBRONZENAR.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Hypergram 15x7.5 on RED NA Miata
Picture Courtesy Customer
Attachments
HypergramRed75.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

17X8 5x114 Hypergram Matte Grey
Pictures Courtesy Customer Hobert Hampton
Attachments
HypergramHobart.jpg
HypergramCLOSE.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

Brian,

I was lurking on the Konig website and noticed that the Hypergram is also available in 18x8.5 with 5x114.3 mounting pattern and 45mm offset, and that it only weighs 17.1 lbs. No idea on price, though. Can you special-order Konig wheels, or do you have to get them in decent sized batches? Seems like that wheel with a 245/35-18 tire would be a killer setup on an NC. There aren't any extreme performance tires in that size, but a fairly decent selection of max performance summer tires.

Chuck H
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Hi Chuck

We can send you a set....but 18 inch on NC is miserable for street use in my experience. Customers who have done it, have done it for 'looks' and usually regret it later. We have run 18x10 for racing our supercharged NC and that works out well for racing, but around town I switch that car back down to 17 inch to improve the ride.

I will add that your signature notes on suspension are telling me that you don't have near enough suspension for 245mm tires.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

Brian wrote:Hi Chuck

We can send you a set....but 18 inch on NC is miserable for street use in my experience. Customers who have done it, have done it for 'looks' and usually regret it later. We have run 18x10 for racing our supercharged NC and that works out well for racing, but around town I switch that car back down to 17 inch to improve the ride.

I will add that your signature notes on suspension are telling me that you don't have near enough suspension for 245mm tires.
Thanks!

I'm planning on sticking with 17x8 on my car, unless I end up going forced induction at some point in the future, in which case I might jump to 17x9. I was just curious for the other folks whether it was a viable alternative to 17x9 wheels.

Unfortunately, I'm still torn between the Hypergrams and Ultraforms, though. The fact that you have two different great-looking, very affordable lightweight wheels with virtually identical specs doesn't make this sort of decision any easier, you know! :lol: I was really leaning to the Ultraforms after the latest pictures folks posted of those, but then that last picture of the Hypergrams on the Copper Red car has me leaning back that way again. :?
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers
ChrisB775

Post by ChrisB775 »

NB1 with NB2 Facelift
15x7.5 +35 Matte Grey
205/50r15 Dunlop dirazza dz102
Attachments
IMG_2755.jpg
IMG_2750.JPG
IMG_2749.JPG
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Picture Courtesy Customer Jacob Ropski, who adds these fitment notes and details:

7.5" bronze Konig Hypergrams with 205/50 Sdrives, fenders were already rolled but I don't think there would have been an issue either way. Car is sitting on Koni sport with Eibach 500lb springs and ground control sleeves. Also have a track oriented alignment. Oh and there is a little DSM turbo spooling up the old 1.6L under the hood. Zoom zoom...
Attachments
SilverHyperBronze.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Grey 15x7.5 Hypergram
Customer Blair Winter
Attachments