New Good-Win Racing Project ND RF!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
ClintCor

Re: New Good-Win Racing Project ND RF!

Post by ClintCor »

Man, I'm afraid to mess around with this, even though it does sound kind of simple and straightforward. Maybe one day. Awesome looking car btw, Brian.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Life is short, the time for fun is NOW.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Washed and waxed....before wife took it on road trip yesterday. She called me an hour into the trip to say several 'thumbs up' from other drivers and she LOVES her car.
Attachments
PeRFection.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Got the official note from Grassroots MotorSports Magazine that their "June" issue covering the Supercharger will start arriving on Newsstands Tuesday, May 22nd.
Attachments
DekaRF4.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

So much fun to see our project RF in a Magazine....June issue page 62, reference on top right of cover.

In mailboxes now, on newsstands Tuesday!
Attachments
GRmMagJune.jpg
RFMag.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ryanholt

Post by ryanholt »

Got a new SC coolant bottle shipped to me that has more robust barbs on it. When I'm changing it out is there any reason to add a temp probe in the coolant line. It hit 103 here in Central Texas today and I just wonder if its worth tracking the temp of the circulating coolant?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

It would be interesting data, but we have not done it. We watch engine coolant, oil temp, IAT.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
mazdaracerchick

Post by mazdaracerchick »

Brian wrote:Road TRIP....SUPERCHARGED!

While I was racing our other supercharged ND around AutoClub Speedway in Fontana, my wife was packing the Supercharged RF to the limit. After my morning on the track I rushed home and jumped into the RF and hit the road eastbound on Highway 8 through the high deserts east of San Diego. Our RF is STOCK cooling system, stock radiator, how would it handle being loaded to the limit and driving with my heavy foot through temps approaching 100 F along the Mexican border and up steep 6 percent grades?

The RF was our trusty and very speedy GT for the entire journey, swiftly covering over 300 miles round trip up. Going UP and DOWN the steep 6 percent grade east on the way toward El Centro was the most fun with the Supercharged RF, the tarmac is smooth and curving through the narrow parts of the canyon grade and the supercharger pushed us up the grade with effortless speed. A Mercedes AMG stayed with us for a while on the journey back up the grade on the way home before finally giving up the chase as I pushed the pace faster and faster.... love this setup! We got over 40mpg on the way to our accommodations with friends in Imperial Lakes with wind at our backs pushing us, 34mpg on the way home with me pushing close to triple digit speeds up the grade to try and get the coolant temp to show some distress with the hot conditions and with my very aggressive driving. Ambient temps 95F as we started to climb the grade, slowly falling to 79 F near the summit, coolant temps were impressively steady.

Thus, we remain confident that STREET drivers can use the new Edelbrock Supercharger kit with stock cooling systems. Our Race customers, track or autocross, are a different matter....see our ND thread with our Supercharged Racing ND.

Another Imperial Lakes weekend in our Supercharged RF....love it. Serious HEAT test today, 114 F ambient temps for the climb back over the pass and car didn't miss a beat in the fast lane all the way back!

Used new wheel and tire combo for this trip, 16x8 and 225/50 that we have been enjoying on the Fiat 124.
Attachments
Deka16ND.jpg
Deka16ND2.jpg
avera01

Post by avera01 »

So what is the verdict between the 16 vs 17" wheel setup?

I am interested to know if it is better to go to a 16" rim in terms of ride comfort, pothole mitigation (against rim damage) and general performance value over the 17" wheel. I am not tracking or autocrossing the car, but do want to use in in mountain roads as well as city driving.

Thanks,

Andrew
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I would not bother if you have stock suspension, I got this setup for the project Fiat 124 that has stiff racing coilovers for track and autocross weekends with SCCA. That car races 17x9 on the weekends, figured 16x8 would soften the daily ride and it does that really well.

Brian

Here they are on the Fiat.
Attachments
Fiat16lows.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com