P0193 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor High Imput Supercharged Nd

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
ChanceS905

P0193 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor High Imput Supercharged Nd

Post by ChanceS905 »

Just installed the Edelbrock s/c on my '16 gt. Went as smooth as one could expect. Button everything up, flash the ecu w/ the stock CARB tune annnnnnd it threw a P0193 code, Fuel rail pressure sensor high imput. Bogs down like crazy and undrivable. Called Edelbrock they told me to delete the tune, redownload and reinstall to the ecu. He thought the file got currupted somehow the first shot. Tried it 3 more times and same result. :evil: Any ideas?
Brian
Site Admin

Re: P0193 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor High Imput Supercharged

Post by Brian »

Have not seen that code, ever, on any customer install here. My first guess is hardware issue on the install, something pinched or not connected. I asked Rocky, he just put the supercharger back in our Race ND, his reply is: "On the fuel rail there is a pressure sensor. Make sure it is reconnected to the harness." Talked to him some more and he explained that install required disconnect of harness to fuel rail and he is confident that did not get successfully reconnected toward the end of the install.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ChanceS905

Post by ChanceS905 »

Brian,
would you happen to know weather the fuel rail is accessible from under the car if i was to take off the metal belly pan? Or do you think i need to take the charger off completely? Thanks for your help by the way.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Put my car back up on lift to look with Rocky. With starter removed you can reach it from below. Not easy, but you can reach it.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ChanceS905

Post by ChanceS905 »

Thank you so much! sir, you are a saint! will give it a shot tonight.
ChanceS905

Post by ChanceS905 »

Yep, the plug got disconnected. probably separated when i origionaly put the charger in. It was actually laying on top of the starter. I just went ahead and took the charger out, it gave me and opportunity to re-route some hoses and wires i wasnt too happy with. wow it really wakes the car up! thanks again. :mrgreen: