New Good-Win Racing Project ND RF!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: New Good-Win Racing Project ND RF!

Post by Brian »

My wife's RF suspension is soft enough (our Progress RF Springs on Koni Shocks) that we don't need the 16s for my wife to be happy with the ride quality, but I liked the Continental tire enough on the RF that I ordered same tire today in 225/45/17 for the Tungsten 17x8 6UL that we usually have the RF. That 17x8 Tungsten 6UL has usually proved the crowd favorite in customer feedback on this project (pic below). That 225/45/17 tire ordered today is a change from the Toyo 235/40 R1R that we have usually had on the car the last two years, it will ride a little softer and that might let me get the wife to accept RoadsterSport springs on the project so we can develop RF version of these popular higher rate springs (rates 300/200).
Attachments
SuperRF22.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ryanholt

Post by ryanholt »

Which model of Continental tire?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Continental ExtremeContact Sport

This car doesn't race, it does do canyons and road trips so we needed best ride quality with good grip, consistent with the mission of this project (have fun, and don't piss off the wife :wink: ).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Always designing that 'next' exhaust item. Prototype with some interesting features, testing with supercharger.
Attachments
SuperQ2 (2).jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
NathanD277

Post by NathanD277 »

Interesting. How will this one compare to the SS and SQ twin tip options?
2017 Meteor Gray Club
ryanholt

Post by ryanholt »

Well, you gotta share some thoughts on that photo. After I installed the supercharger, I added the Cobalt TT and loved the sound. Installed the Max Header and Max mid pipe and now it is clear that I need to add a header tuned exhaust. Right now, I don't like the volume above 2800K and I don't like the note either. BUT, I don't want to spend $800 on an exhaust.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The only choice we recommend currently with header and supercharger is Header Version SuperQ....which has 1 tip. Have done numerous prototypes in the current SuperQ JIG and some 'out of the box' prototypes. Still playing with the valving on the Helmholtz chamber here but this design has some potential to become the header version SuperQ twin tip.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
BillT613

Post by BillT613 »

Brian,

Has anyone experienced clutch slippage after installing the supercharger kit? Just got my car back from Serious HP in Houston. It runs great but every now and then it seems as if the clutch is slipping in 3rd great at higher RPMs.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I have been waiting for it on my wife's RF but so far no slip. Also no slip reports that I can recall from customers and we have sold three times as many kits as any other vendor according to Edelbrock. My RACE BLUE ND with supercharger already had ACT clutch.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

How are you and your wife liking the Conti ECS's on the RF? I'm ordering the 17x8 Tungsten 6UL's from you, and while I would love to get 235/40's, I really want the ECS so it looks like I will go with the 225/45 if you give them your approval.
[b]Kirk "The Captain"[/b] [url=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2537823]My 2006 MX-5 GT[/url]