Looking for a little info

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
AZ Sun Lover

Looking for a little info

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

Hey all,
Looking for a 17x7 wheel that will clear a Big Brake Kit aka Stop Tech ST-40 or Wilwood's.
The offset can be anywhere. We purchased a new 5 lug Tacoma and need the smallest wheel we can find to clear the front StopTech brakes. (For the spare tire)
Yes I know it's not an Mazda but just looking for some info from the crowd in the know! Also the cheaper the better. :roll:

AZ
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Looking for a little info

Post by Brian »

Sorry, what I know about truck wheels is about nothing. Assuming tirerack has seen that vehicle, that's where I would start.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
AZ Sun Lover

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

Brian,
The front brakes are the same size as the StopTech's and Wilwood's.
The bolt pattern is the same 5 x 114.3 the only thing that's different is the hub ring size. From my old memory Mazda and a lot of Fords have a 67.1 and hub ring size. Scion, Toyota and Lexus have 60.1 hub ring size.
Just like to know if anyone knows of an inexpensive 17x7 wheel that will clear the BB kit?
I'm interested in hints too.

Thanks in advance,
Randy
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sorry but even assuming a Stoptech caliper is same on the truck kit as on a miata kit (I would be surprised), placement relationship vs the spindle and hub is totally different on every vehicle so all fitment info with regards to that caliper on miata just has no relevance to fitment of that same caliper with the truck. Think of it this way, no standards for hat offsets that hold the rotors, that's done vehicle by vehicle depending on space available. Even within generations of Miata where we are using the same caliper for different kits with same rotor diameter the fitment templates are totally different and our fitment experience with a certain popular 4 piston Wilwood on the NA/NB generation miata tells us precisely zero about the fitment and wheel clearance on ND miata. Was looking at these issues just yesterday in connection with new wheel designs with Konig, have to send them templates for each generation of Miata we want to clear, not nearly enough to just tell them our NA/NB fitment data covers ND for same calipers on similar 11 inch rotors, it just is not that simple though I wish it was. Thus, we are back to Tirerack on that or any vendor who has actually put their hands on that truck with the brakes you want with an eye to wheel fitment. Otherwise, you are flying totally blind here.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com