Magnaflow header for NC

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
DanielS172

Magnaflow header for NC

Post by DanielS172 »

Hey Brian,

Glad to see there is finally a CARB approved header for the NC. I'm wondering though, is this just an OEM style replacement, or can we expect any power gains and/or style points with this?
2014 Club | OEM hardtop | GWR HH mid, FM muffler | ZetaCRD | Wilwood LBBK | Blackbird Fabworx GT3 roll bar | TRMotorsports FF10s
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Magnaflow header for NC

Post by Brian »

Better than stock, not near as good as our RoadsterSport catted header with primaries twice as long.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
DanielS172

Post by DanielS172 »

Thanks Brian, that's good to know. Do you have any pics of what this looks like on the car? And are you able to share any dyno results?
2014 Club | OEM hardtop | GWR HH mid, FM muffler | ZetaCRD | Wilwood LBBK | Blackbird Fabworx GT3 roll bar | TRMotorsports FF10s
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Don't have dyno for it, or installed pics.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
DanielS172

Post by DanielS172 »

Any ETA on these? I'm anxious to get mine! :mrgreen:
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Got our contact at Magnaflow checking but should be soon.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
DanielS172

Post by DanielS172 »

Hey Brian,

Finally got it installed, and everything seems to be fine apart from a little bit of smoke that smells like a charcoal BBQ and a little bit of condensation in the dish thingy of the front O2 sensor. Is this normal, or do you think I should just tighten it more? I have been meaning to get a proper O2 sensor wrench/socket; for now I've just tightened it best I could with a normal wrench.
DanielS172

Post by DanielS172 »

Here's a picture.
Attachments
IMG_20180726_194553.jpg
DanielS172

Post by DanielS172 »

Bump. Anyone have any input?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

New exhaust bits will smoke, to smoothly bend metal tube in mandrel bending machines requires machine oil and it takes time to burn off.

As for condensation, you mean a little puddle forming daily in that dish? If so, might be slight leak when cold, which might be sealing up when hot as metal expands. Most likely it is coming up the threads. If it persists I would pull sensor, chase the threads to clean them a bit, install sensor again.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com