PROJECT FIAT 124, Testing, Measurements, Dyno, etc

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: PROJECT FIAT 124, Testing, Measurements, Dyno, etc

Post by Brian »

Tork MotorSports reflash of stock ECU working well. Love E85 for cooling benefits on hot autocross and track days, it's race gas for cheap with effective octane 105 and better.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

GT4 Testing at Monza.

FULL Aero, wish we had that much for track days!
Attachments
GT4sss.jpg
GT4ss.jpg
FiatGT4s.jpg
FiatGT4s.jpg (60.32 KiB) Viewed 5177 times
Abarth-124-GT4-Monza-Test-1.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
LateNights

Post by LateNights »

:lol: looks like the old Mitsubishi 3000GT!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Fiat SportCats Shipping TODAY!
Attachments
FiatSportCatFinal.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
LateNights

Post by LateNights »

Just wondering - why do you 'only' run a 17 inch wheel vs an 18?

Wouldn't the extra tyre 'stiffness' / lack of sidewall flex be a positive - is the weight gain that much of an issue?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Look around for a light 4x100 18 wheel, there are about zero choices and nothing 8 or 9 inches wide. And that's just the wheels, choice in tires in right diameters also close to nothing. The NC gen chassis was the only Miata that was 5 lug so it does get raced with 18 inch because there are some good wheel choices that fit that generation.

Even wide 17 inch is a Unicorn, love our 17x9 6UL wheels but what I need next is 17x9.5 or 17x10 in 4x100 and that doesn't exist outside of custom order at $600 per wheel. We stock 17x10 in 5 lug for NC generation (shown on my old 2.5 liter NC below) and I could use lug conversion to get that on the Fiat and ND projects but I don't like the weight or complexity of the conversion. Nonetheless, Fiat would be faster if Hoosier 245mm tires were spread on something wider than 9 inch wheels we are using now.

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
LateNights

Post by LateNights »

Makes sense - actually now you mention it I remember reading some hype about the change back to 4 lug pattern and how it would open the Nd up to more traditional "small car" aftermarket wheel choices, too bad that didn't help with sizing as much as styling :lol:

The 18's on the NC look great - normally I don't love the look of that wheel (I'm a fan of them functionally - light weight and whatnot), but in an 18 they suddenly become a really good looking wheel - especially so on the NC!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

BMW likes the Fiat 124 enough to crib much of the design detail for the next Z4.
Attachments
z4.png
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
klikai

Post by klikai »

As we are putting down more power on the car.

How is tranny and diff holding up?

Is it time to develop a cooler for the tranny and diff?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

klikai wrote:As we are putting down more power on the car.

How is tranny and diff holding up?

Is it time to develop a cooler for the tranny and diff?

Busy moving company into new building, zero free time to get to the dyno until we get out of boxes. Today was stuff like get the lobby metal work up, knock out another wall for Ryan's product development area, locate an A/C duct over Sean's office, etc.

No issues with tranny and diff. E85 tune feels a lot faster. We know from using this trans in the NC that it is good to 300 hp without adding cooling (remember this is NOT a delicate ND Skyactiv transmission, Fiat went with proven NC transmission). To put it another way, I still race our 2007 NC Miata with 320 at the wheels, no fluid cooler for that trans so I don't expect it will ever be 'time' to develop fluid cooler on the Fiat 124. With the NC an air scoop was enough for our extreme 'NC LIGHT', with scoop shown one page back on the Fiat 124 compressing more air on the engine cast finned oil pan and trans the temps are holding steady for both engine oil and trans at our SCCA HOT Summer competition days. Will get that scoop to market in the next few months. If we can be happy on heat levels with simple air scoop then no good reason to do fluid cooler that adds massive costs and complications, additional points of failure, etc.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com