NC cruiser refresh

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
BillK336

NC cruiser refresh

Post by BillK336 »

A friend with an NB and NC is asking for advise. He'd like his stock base '06 to feel as nimble as his stock ’02. I expect his NC shocks are needing replacement at 60000 miles, but I think he's thinking sway bars.
Car is used for DD and cruises.
I'd think the Bilstein HD with comfort bumpstops would be a good place to start, assuming they're not still like OEM Club Bilsteins.
Then maybe add sways if he needs more.
Comments? Suggestions?
2020 JBM Sport MT, GWR RaceTT, Conti DWS, Cobalt FSTB, Voodoo, Cravenspeed, and mx5things bits…
RIP '16 MG Club GWR, Race TT, Versatune, RS Springs & Konis, Conti ECS, TRM FF10, AA & AIO, etc...
'97's SOLD...
Brian
Site Admin

Re: NC cruiser refresh

Post by Brian »

Yes, at 60k miles his stock shocks are worn out and not doing much of anything for body control....and that's where I would start instead of sways. My choice, if really doing just ONE thing, would be KONI Sport shocks for some adjustment of ride/handling balance and front/rear balance. Then he can dial them soft if he wants, and more firm for canyon days and/or to match the quick feeling 02. Properly setup the NC will beat that NB.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
BillK336

Post by BillK336 »

I did try to talk him into Konis, but, as I expected, he wanted a one and done solution. So dont be surprised if you see an order for the Bilstein HD's and comfort bumpstops soon.
BTW, is the HD the same as B6?
2020 JBM Sport MT, GWR RaceTT, Conti DWS, Cobalt FSTB, Voodoo, Cravenspeed, and mx5things bits…
RIP '16 MG Club GWR, Race TT, Versatune, RS Springs & Konis, Conti ECS, TRM FF10, AA & AIO, etc...
'97's SOLD...
njaremka

Post by njaremka »

BillK336 wrote:I did try to talk him into Konis, but, as I expected, he wanted a one and done solution. So dont be surprised if you see an order for the Bilstein HD's and comfort bumpstops soon.
BTW, is the HD the same as B6?
The Bilstein HD = B6, and the Bilstein Sport = B8