ND Sway Bar Install Notes

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.
SamM452

Re: ND Sway Bar Install Notes

Post by SamM452 »

Please note that the end links are very close to vertical with the OEM sway bar installed yet with the road sport bars, the top of end links move in towards the center of the car by about 2 inches, about 15 to 20 degrees or more
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

And none of that causes any issues in our experience. I am at Laguna Seca Raceway for the next five days or I would post pics from my wife's RF with same bars, but I recall the links are indeed close to the headlight leveler, non-issue after many thousands of miles, same with the bushing design and location.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
SamM452

Post by SamM452 »

as i noted before my end links were actually hitting the head light leveler not just close to it
SamM452

Post by SamM452 »

Does anybody have pics of the RSB installed? I am having problems with mine and would like to see how it should look on the car.
SamM452

Post by SamM452 »

its been over 10 days since my request for picture of an installed RSB I guess that Brian inspects all parts that ship from Goodwin Racing and its impossible to get a bad part shipped to customers, I will never buy another part from Good-win Racing again
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

SamM452 wrote:its been over 10 days since my request for picture of an installed RSB I guess that Brian inspects all parts that ship from Goodwin Racing and its impossible to get a bad part shipped to customers, I will never buy another part from Good-win Racing again
Notice your pic request was directed to 'anybody' reading the thread, not me or Good-Win Racing in particular. So, that makes it rather odd that you are blaming Good-Win Racing for not getting the picture fast enough when that random 'anybody' you addressed did not reply fast enough for you. After Laguna I was in Africa for 12 year wedding anniversary trip, not home for 3 weeks, or I could have replied sooner with my own pic. A followup to me in particular, something like "Hey Brian, are you home yet, and if so, can you get me a pic per my post above since my request to the universe got no reply?" would have been both polite and effective.

Here is pic from my wife's RF with RSB.

I recall stock link has a thicker head. You can unlock the bar locks and push bar a bit away from the contact point, move the slide locks to other side of the D clips as needed to make this happen. Or, use a link with smaller head like you see here on our RF.
Attachments
RFrearlinks.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
BruceL847

Post by BruceL847 »

I looked for a good write up with pictures related to the sway bars in regards to the steering rack and couldn't find it. (On the Miata Forum)
I've gotten my ND completely dialed in to PERFECTION with all the kit I've purchased from you folks. (Ohlins CO, Progressive Sways, and Strut Tower Brace)

Long story, but as perfect as this little Mazdarati is now, I have the headlight warning light on the dashboard because I somehow managed to get the car to accept a false "center" of the steering rack. It must be false because the headlight warning light is supposedly an indication that it thinks the car is turning when in fact it is perfectly straight.
I'm actually needing to come up with a plan to intentionally move the "center" back to where it will jive with the headlight angle sensor. (or whatever it is that is miffed with my steering rack) I'm also kind of wanting to know if there is any truth to being able to force the car to accept a new "center" by simply driving it at a certain speed for a certain amount of time? If so, I think I have a plan.
Just hoping you guys know the real skinny on how this epas system can be "reset" to correct a previous mistake, apparently.

Thanks!
BruceL847

Post by BruceL847 »

FYI, I've been told that the ND will accept a new "center" if you simply hold it straight and drive at a certain pace for a certain amount of time? If true, that's fantastic news if you have inadvertently moved the rack a tiny amount one way or the other.

In fact, I can now intentionally move it a bit so it is back within range of the headlight aiming parameters, thus eliminating the dash warning. :)
DannyC159

Post by DannyC159 »

just had my mechanic install the roadster sport ND sway bars yesterday, with no issues.
today, however, it notably creaks on the front end during any kind of motion that involves shifting weight like gentle acceleration, or slowing down. Is this common? What are some likely causes?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

DannyC159 wrote:just had my mechanic install the roadster sport ND sway bars yesterday, with no issues.
today, however, it notably creaks on the front end during any kind of motion that involves shifting weight like gentle acceleration, or slowing down. Is this common? What are some likely causes?
Should be silent unless still got a dry spot that needs some lube. The typical spot folks don't think to lube is the interface of the slide stoppers against the bushings they are next to, just a smear there is needed.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com